Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite P50--C udgraded bios to 1.7

1. Satellite P50--C udgraded bios to 1.7
    Beginner
    I just noticed that a bios upgrade is available for my 50-C-18K satellite laptop. Has anyone got any knowledge of what benefits, fixes or functions are included

2. Re: P50--C udgraded bios to 1.7
    Enthusiast
    I don't have any knowledge about your model in particular, but if you download the zip file for the bios update it might contain a "read me" file that will tell you more about it.

Usually, the only details supplied on the web page are something like - "This Bios Update adds increased functionality to your system" - which can mean anything.

3. Re: P50--C udgraded bios to 1.7
    Beginner
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexei_Sayle View Post
    I don't have any knowledge about your model in particular, but if you download the zip file for the bios update it might contain a "read me" file that will tell you more about it.

Usually, the only details supplied on the web page are something like - "This Bios Update adds increased functionality to your system" - which can mean anything.
    Well... The good news is that there was an update history but the bad news is it just referred to a microcode update with no details of what it fixes or improves. At least they are still offering updates - unlike most phones which cease to be supported after 2 years from first hitting the market