Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: C850-1K4 driver issue

1. C850-1K4 driver issue
    Beginner
    Hi I had to re-install Windows 7 on this laptop since the hard drive has failed. I am trying to re-install the drivers from the Toshiba page but I have run into 2 issues:

Every driver installer which comes with the bundled McAfee Security Scan/WebAdvisor crashes after clicking install. This is a minor inconvenience but I can work-around it by accessing the driver files from the temp folder.

I am trying to install the Atheros wireless lan driver 9.2.0.474 for the device 0x168C 0x0034 but the installer opens and closes without installing the driver. When choosing to manually update the driver from device manager it does not find the driver from the temp folder either.
    Is there any way to resolve this?

2. Re: C850-1K4 driver issue
    Beginner
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_coreit View Post
    ...Every driver installer which comes with the bundled McAfee Security Scan/WebAdvisor crashes after clicking install...
    I would suggest that you don't use the McAfee installer. Temporarily, disable McAfee - if you need to - and double click on the exe file and let the Windows install wizard* do it for you.

wizard* - I think that's what it's called, but my memory is a bit hazy.

3. Re: C850-1K4 driver issue
    Beginner
    Hi even when I uncheck the McAfee options it does not run the driver installers when I click install.
    I have been able to work-around the issue by using the wireless driver provided by Windows update