Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Portege 3490 - need Win 2000 display driver

1. Portege 3490 - need Win 2000 display driver
    Beginner
    I have installed win 2000. my display will not function above 800x600 pixels and hence the does not fill the entire screen. I have downloaded the toshiba win 2000 display driver, but unlike the other drivers, there appears to be no set up exec file with which to install it.

Please would someone addvise me what to do next

Cheers
    paul

2. Re: Portege 3490 - need Win 2000 display driver
    Master
    Hello

As far as I know this unit was delivered with S3 Savage/IX 8MB graphic card.
    I have found two display drivers for this unit. The latest version is 05.12.01.7048 from 02/13/03.
    Well, I donít understand why you are not able to install but you should check this recommended driver.

http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com/cgi-bin/ToshibaCSG/download_drivers_bios.jsp?service=EU

Bye

3. Re: Portege 3490 - need Win 2000 display driver
    Beginner
    Hi, many thanks for your response. I have unzipped the file to which you refer, but unlike the other drivers there is not an install or executable file. There is one called 's3 tray' but when i click on it nothing happens. There aren't any instructions either

Any further assistance would be gratefully appreciated as the low res screen is starting to cause my eyes to go funny!

Cheers

Paul

4. Re: Portege 3490 - need Win 2000 display driver
    Hello

Well, you can install the driver manually.
    Did you know this procedure?
    Go into device manager and select the graphic card. Then right click and update or install the driver. The driver source is the download place.

Bye