Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: YouTube app crashes on Toshiba 49V6863DG

1. YouTube app crashes on Toshiba 49V6863DG
    Two weeks ago I bought a Tohiba 49V6863DG. The YouTube app was working just fine but when I upgraded to the latest firmware , i am having the following problem. When I open YouTube and select a video , the app crashes and the TV becomes unresponsive, I have to unplug the power supply in order to use it again .

2. Re: YouTube app crashes on Toshiba 49V6863DG
    Hi, you may need a software update, which country was it purchased in and I can pass you the contact details of the team.

3. Re: YouTube app crashes on Toshiba 49V6863DG
    Beginner
    Hi, I got some kind of the same problem since a few days. Bought mine in Germany. What can I do now - the system says there's no update available...

Thanks in advance.

4. Re: YouTube app crashes on Toshiba 49V6863DG
    Beginner
    Same problem with my tv .I have a Toshiba 55T6863DB
    i can load the YouTube app and search/browse content
    but a s soon as i try to play a video my screen turns black and the TV is completely unresponsive , cant even turn it off with remote
    If i leave it it will turn off after 3 to 5 mins and do a hard reset (light flashing for 30 secs or so)
    it used to work in when i first bought the TV (Delivered on Wednesday 14 November)

is there anyway to delete and reset the YouTube app

5. Re: YouTube app crashes on Toshiba 49V6863DG
    There isn't a way to uninstall the app but I would advise doing a first time installation on the TV.

6. Re: YouTube app crashes on Toshiba 49V6863DG
    Beginner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Murphy View Post
    There isn't a way to uninstall the app but I would advise doing a first time installation on the TV.

seems to have worked cheers

7. Re: YouTube app crashes on Toshiba 49V6863DG
    Glad to hear that resolved the issue.