Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: 65U6863DB firestick 4k pink screen problem

1. 65U6863DB firestick 4k pink screen problem
    I have a problem with my 2 week old tv, bought a 4k firestick and it worked ok for a few days then got a pink screen when using it, also the firestick screen on bootup is red instead of black

Contacted Amazon who sent a replacement firestick which I used today for a few hours but low and behold the pink screen is back!

Can anyone help
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG-20181206-WA0028.jpg  

2. Re: 65U6863DB firestick 4k pink screen problem
    Hi Jonnym, have you tried different HDMI ports and also enabled the HDMI ports to enhanced.

3. Re: 65U6863DB firestick 4k pink screen problem
    Hi Jacob,

Thank for the reply, it was already on advanced so I changed to regular and turned the TV on and off and still the same, I unplugged the TV and rebooted it and the stick is now displaying normal but I have a feeling it may happen again if so I'll update.

What's the latest software version by the way? The TV is on 4.35.8.1

Thanks again

4. Re: 65U6863DB firestick 4k pink screen problem
    Hi Jonnym, What's the serial number and I might be able to let you know...

5. Re: 65U6863DB firestick 4k pink screen problem
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Murphy View Post
    Hi Jonnym, What's the serial number and I might be able to let you know...
    Sorry for the late reply

6. Re: 65U6863DB firestick 4k pink screen problem
    Hi, it seems your TV should be upto date but i'm just checking this...does this pink screen happen on other devices via HDMI at all?

7. Re: 65U6863DB firestick 4k pink screen problem
    Hi, it seems your TV should be upto date but i'm just checking this...does this pink screen happen on other devices via HDMI at all?
    Sorry Jacob crossed wires here, the TV has been ok since I changed the hdmi from advanced to normal, was just curious about the firmware being uptown date as the WiFi is flakey and thought it may be fixed if there's a later version

8. Re: 65U6863DB firestick 4k pink screen problem
    Ah no problems, glad its fixed. I wouldn't expect the software to affect wifi, have you tried a router reset at all? Also how far or close are the TV and router?

9. Re: 65U6863DB firestick 4k pink screen problem
    Ah no problems, glad its fixed. I wouldn't expect the software to affect wifi, have you tried a router reset at all? Also how far or close are the TV and router?
    Yeah tried resetting, I'd say it's a distance which shouldnt have an issue I think bit it's not a big problem as the firestick does most tasks, just want make sure it gets updates ok that's all which it should I think.

Thanks for your time Jacob

10. Re: 65U6863DB firestick 4k pink screen problem
    Ah i see, in theory you shouln.t have any issues getting updates

11. Re: 65U6863DB firestick 4k pink screen problem
    Hi Jacob, I'm back and home for Christmas and spending more time with the TV and the pink screen problem is back, only thing that help is a hard power off on of the TV, it does it on all hdmi socket, it's a TV issue now I'm sure, maybe even software or some kind of handshake problem? Other 1080p firestick is ok though.

Any ideas from your technical guys why this could be happening?

Thanks

12. Re: 65U6863DB firestick 4k pink screen problem
    Strange Jonnym, so to confirm this happens on just the 4K firestick?The 1080p Works fine and other HDMI devices work fine?

13. Re: 65U6863DB firestick 4k pink screen problem
    Strange Jonnym, so to confirm this happens on just the 4K firestick?The 1080p Works fine and other HDMI devices work fine?
    Hi Jacob

Yes it's never happened on the old firestick just the 4k one, no other hdmi devices to test with sorry.

14. Re: 65U6863DB firestick 4k pink screen problem
    Strange, are there any resolution settings on the Firestick that can be changed?

15. Re: 65U6863DB firestick 4k pink screen problem
    Beginner
    Go into Settings > Display and Sounds > Display > Dynamic Range Settings
    Change from "Always HDR" to "Adaptive".

16. Re: 65U6863DB firestick 4k pink screen problem
    Craig, can you confirm that this has worked?

17. Re: 65U6863DB firestick 4k pink screen problem
    Beginner
    Yes, it works. I've had no issues since.
    I guess I may be missing out on some HDR functionality but it still looks good to me.
    Have you tried it?

18. Re: 65U6863DB firestick 4k pink screen problem
    Hi Craig, glad to hear it works.