Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: tv lcd 50U6863DB error

1. tv lcd 50U6863DB error
    Beginner
    Hello today, the TV after switching on the model 50U6863DB has stopped working for a couple of hours, the lamp blinks red and green, the Toshiba logo appears and goes out again. There has been an error message update. What to do now?

2. Re: tv lcd 50U6863DB error
    Hello robertchmura,

This is going to be a software related issue. Our call centre team can send out software for this issue, if you contact them they can arrange this: 0333 733 4422

3. Re: tv lcd 50U6863DB error
    Beginner
    Hello, you already have the answer from Toshiba, they will send me the software but you have to wait 3 to 5 days, so I bought a new TV and it does not work

4. Re: tv lcd 50U6863DB error
    Oh dear Robert, what was the issue with the new one.

5. Re: tv lcd 50U6863DB error
    Beginner
    I bought this TV Toshiba Lcd Color Tv model 50U6863DB from the beginning worked well but recently I turned it on in the morning and has been turning on and off since then, flashing red and green is showing Toshiba sign and everything starts again, I can not use it because he does not start.its link with movie whats happened https://drive.google.com/open?id=19S...Hz1VlSdF3yGBsy

6. Re: tv lcd 50U6863DB error
    Hi Robert, it would likely be a software issue and would need a update contact the team on https://toshiba-tv.com/uk-uk/support or 0333 733 4422

7. Re: tv lcd 50U6863DB error
    Beginner
    Hi Jacob,I have already contacted them three days and I still do not have new software or answers, how much longer I have to wait, I wonder if I will go to Currys tomorrow to return this TV as faulty, I have it only 2 weeks and it does not work for 5 days. I received a message from them:
    Dear Mr Chmura,
    Thank you very much for sending in your details, I have now processed the request and a USB stick containing the software update and instructions will be sent out to you. You should expect to receive this in between 3-5 working days. When received, follow the instructions and update the software, once done if you could give us a call back to advise of the results.Jordan (Toshiba Care Support Team)
    I see on the forum that a lot of people have problems with new models of Toshiba TVs, so I can not wait for this software or better to return to the store and exchange it for another company

8. Re: tv lcd 50U6863DB error
    Beginner
    Quote Originally Posted by robertchmura View Post
    Hi Jacob,I have already contacted them three days and I still do not have new software or answers, how much longer I have to wait, I wonder if I will go to Currys tomorrow to return this TV as faulty, I have it only 2 weeks and it does not work for 5 days. I received a message from them:
    Dear Mr Chmura,
    Thank you very much for sending in your details, I have now processed the request and a USB stick containing the software update and instructions will be sent out to you. You should expect to receive this in between 3-5 working days. When received, follow the instructions and update the software, once done if you could give us a call back to advise of the results.Jordan (Toshiba Care Support Team)
    I see on the forum that a lot of people have problems with new models of Toshiba TVs, so I can not wait for this software or better to return to the store and exchange it for another company
    I did not wait longer for Toshiba to help me and replaced the TV in the store with a different model of another brand

9. Re: tv lcd 50U6863DB error
    Hi Robert, I'm sorry to hear that but hope it is all sorted now