Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Toshiba 49T6863DA record function, dolby vision black screen and ps4 4K questions

1. Toshiba 49T6863DA record function, dolby vision black screen and ps4 4K questions
    Hey, I have a few questions about this tv...

- how do I use the record function and what am I able to record? Normal tv programm?

The other two questions are about problems with this tv and my ps4 pro.

- Sometimes, when I play with my ps4 or watch something on netflix (using my ps4 for this too, not the smart tv app), everything turns black but with a little dolby vision logo in the lower right corner. What is that and how do I change that?

- I always thought that I already watch and play in UHD 4K or HDR 4K but today when I started COD WW2 on the ps4 it suddenly tells me, that I am not using HDR 4K.
    I searched in the ps4 settings and actually I am not using HDR 4K.
    So I dont have any idea whats UHD, HDR, or both in combination with 4K.
    For those who know about the super sampling modus on the ps4, it says I am not able to use it anymore, because my tv has 4K.
    My ps4 source was set on regular, but when I started COD WW2 I got this already mentioned message and my source settings changed to advanced.
    It just happens when I play exclusively this game.
    I can change it to regular again, start any other game or app on my ps4 and it stays on regular, its really just that game.
    Thats why I mentioned that game.

I can imagine that its able to be played in that higher quality and forces my tv to change its source settings.
    But is it actually doing that?

And how do I find out if I am watching in 4K, UHD 4K or HDR 4K?
    How do I change the settings about that?
    And what are the differences?

Sorry if its too much and thank you for reading.

2. Re: Toshiba 49T6863DA record function, dolby vision black screen and ps4 4K questions
    Hello Pfugger,

To record you will need to use a USB stick that is formatted to FAT32. You are only able to record one channel at a time. You can record any channel that is on the EPG. I suggest performing a factory reset in terms of the Netflix issue:

Press Home
    Choose Settings
    Choose Installation Choose YES
    TV will turn off and back on
    Follow on-screen instructions

Have you made sure that the source on your TV is set to enhanced for 4K functionality?

3. Re: Toshiba 49T6863DA record function, dolby vision black screen and ps4 4K questions
    " Sometimes, when I play with my ps4 or watch something on netflix (using my ps4 for this too, not the smart tv app), everything turns black but with a little dolby vision logo in the lower right corner. What is that and how do I change that?"

I got that same problem. Im contacted with support, they send me a firmware (older than i had, ofcourse im installed) but nothing changed
    @Jacob Murphy can You contact yourself with support ? They must realise firmware globally (not sending private) because right now this TV had a tons of bugs.
    From color banding (bad color gradient - im already speak with support about this) to problems with Dolby Vision (starting without a Dolby Vision material, black screen).