Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Toshiba 32L3863DBA Smart TV + Sky HD box = no sound?

1. Toshiba 32L3863DBA Smart TV + Sky HD box = no sound?
    Hi, hope someone can help me before I return the set to Amazon! TV is connected to the Sky box via a coax cable (running on a magic eye as it's a second set). I can get all my Sky menus/channels (tuned to analogue channel 68) but am unable to get any sound! I can get sound via iPlayer, ITV Hub etc via my wireless connection but no sound from the coax connection. My old Philips gets sound no problem! Any help would be greatly appreciated, I don't really want to box it back up and return it. Thanks for your help.

2. Re: Toshiba 32L3863DBA Smart TV + Sky HD box = no sound?
    Hi, if you go into the tuning settings and then into manual channel scan and change the search type to Analogue and then change TV System from BG to I this should then output sound.

3. Re: Toshiba 32L3863DBA Smart TV + Sky HD box = no sound?
    Jacob, thank you for your reply, I'll give it a try tomorrow. I've set up a few tv's over the years but the Toshiba setup interface is the worst I've come across. Thanks again for your help.

4. Re: Toshiba 32L3863DBA Smart TV + Sky HD box = no sound?
    Job done Jacob. It's easy when you know how, thankfully you knew how! Thanks.

5. Re: Toshiba 32L3863DBA Smart TV + Sky HD box = no sound?
    I'm glad to hear its fixed for you now, if you have any further issues don't hesitate to get back in contact