Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: How to install Apps from App Store

1. How to install Apps from App Store
    Beginner
    Hello Support,

I have bought the 55V5863DA. How do I install Apps from the App Store? It's not a problem to install Apps from the Marketplace.

In the App Store are different Apps than in the Marketplace. It seems that I can just launch it from the App Store, but there is no possibility to install them.

So, whats the actual difference between Marketplace and App Store? How do I install an App from the App Store and set it as shortcut to the Home Screen?

Thanks!

2. Re: How to install Apps from App Store
    Apps will not be installed as they are available to use from the app store, so in short there is no way to set a short cut.

3. Re: How to install Apps from App Store
    Beginner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Murphy View Post
    Apps will not be installed as they are available to use from the app store, so in short there is no way to set a short cut.
    Thats very weird. What is precisely the sense of having the

- Marketplace, from where you can install Apps

and the

- App Store, from where you can't install Apps

side by side?!

And recently I discovered, that there are some Apps in the Marketplace AND in the App Store. There are, for example, the Apps Tagesschau, ARD Mediathek, ARTE, Chili TV, Videociety and Cinetrailer in the Marketplace AND in the App Store.

What is the sense of this?! Why don't you put ALL Apps in the Marketplace and remove the useless App Store, when I can't pin Apps from the App Store on the Homescreen?
    Last edited by indianahorst; 09.11.2018 at 00:41. Reason: foo