Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Compatibility problem with tv (49U6763DB) and sky q box

1. Compatibility problem with tv (49U6763DB) and sky q box
    I have been trying for two weeks to talk to somebody at customer services, but it seems they are always too busy to answer calls.
    I have anew 49U6763DB tv and a Sky Q box which appear to have compatibility issues. While watching Sky Q the picture and sound intermittently drop out briefly, as if the power has gone out for a second or two.
    Sky technical support informed us that this is a known issue, gave us the Toshiba help centre number, and said if we contacted Toshiba they would provide a system upgrade which would fix the problem. The difficulty, as I said, is getting in touch with anybody to talk about this issue (I have tried phoning, as I said, emailing and filling in online enquiry forms all to no avail, apart from automated responses which have not been followed up on).
    I would be grateful if somebody from Toshiba would contact me to resolve this issue (immediately would be nice).

2. Re: Compatibility problem with tv (49U6763DB) and sky q box
    Beginner
    We are having exactly the same problems would be interested in finding out if you have found a solution.

3. Re: Compatibility problem with tv (49U6763DB) and sky q box
    Beginner
    Hi my husband contacted Richer Sounds where we purchased our TV and they talked him through what to do. Go into tv settings down to more then CEC set to disabled and CEC auto set to disabled. The TV will no longer auto tune to HDMI but it has worked.
    Hope this helps.

4. Re: Compatibility problem with tv (49U6763DB) and sky q box
    Beginner
    Hi

I also have this problem but with a 55U6663DB TV.

SKy gave me the same info as you but weeks later I have had no response or resolution.

Have you resolved this yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Hannen View Post
    I have been trying for two weeks to talk to somebody at customer services, but it seems they are always too busy to answer calls.
    I have anew 49U6763DB tv and a Sky Q box which appear to have compatibility issues. While watching Sky Q the picture and sound intermittently drop out briefly, as if the power has gone out for a second or two.
    Sky technical support informed us that this is a known issue, gave us the Toshiba help centre number, and said if we contacted Toshiba they would provide a system upgrade which would fix the problem. The difficulty, as I said, is getting in touch with anybody to talk about this issue (I have tried phoning, as I said, emailing and filling in online enquiry forms all to no avail, apart from automated responses which have not been followed up on).
    I would be grateful if somebody from Toshiba would contact me to resolve this issue (immediately would be nice).

5. Re: Compatibility problem with tv (49U6763DB) and sky q box
    Hi Everyone, if you email the team on support.uk@toshiba-tv.com with your model number and serial number and they will be able to send some software for these issues