Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: PC HEALTH MONITOR can not be installed NOT SUPPORT error

1. PC HEALTH MONITOR can not be installed NOT SUPPORT error
    Hi,

Could someone please confirm that PC HEALTH MONITOR works on satellite pro u300?

I know that PC HEALTH MONITOR came after the satellite pro u300, but when you search the drivers for the satellite pro u300, you will find the latest PC HEALTH MONITOR for both 32 and 64 bit, but it is strange that there is no system driver to download, it that a mistake?

Should it be available for the satellite pro u300 or is it too old for the PC HEALTH MONITOR?

Thanks

2. Re: PC HEALTH MONITOR can not be installed NOT SUPPORT error
    Ok, since TOSHIBA seems to be the only company not to have a consumer email and/or chat support, I decided to take the matter into my hands.

Basically there are five bios supported: 100, 300, 310, 110, 200 and depending on the bios model something is installed and something not.

The good new is that there is a bug in the GetBiosType function in the TCCInst.dll file. Instead of returning the bios type it returns 0.

My laptop u300-13p does not support PC Health Monitor, so I do not understand why TOSHIBA put it in the download list for my laptop.

I had to write my own GetBiosType to get the version of the bios.