Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Toshiba Thunderbolt 3 Dock external monitor goes blank

1. Toshiba Thunderbolt 3 Dock external monitor goes blank
    Beginner
    Hi,

I recently purchased a PA5281A-1PRP Thunderbolt 3 dock and am having an issue with my external monitor that is connected to it randomly going blank and sometimes coming back and other times I have to press buttons on the monitor to get the picture to return.

The dock is connected to a Aorus X5 v7 notebook via its TB port and using the TB cable that came with the dock.

The TB Firmware, driver version and attached device information is attached.

The monitor is connected to the dock via the miniDP port at both ends and the monitor is a Samsung LU24E85KRS (DP v1.2). Prior to using the dock, the monitor was connected directly to the notebook via the same cable and I wan't experiencing the random blank screen issue. The blanking can occur when using windows apps and even gaming so its not an idle power off issue.

The dock also has a KB, mouse and external HDD attached to it.

Through checking on the WEB I have noticed others experiencing similar issues with different TB docks and am wondering if there are any FW updates for the dock to address this issue as I can't see any on the Toshiba support site.

Thanks in advance,
    Witek.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TB3 Detials.JPG   TB3 attached devices.JPG