Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: 50U6863DB Netflix freezes and crashes Tv

1. 50U6863DB Netflix freezes and crashes Tv
    Hi, I recently purchased this TV and when loading the Netflix app it freezes with the Netflix logo on screen and will only open the picture/sound menu. Iíve tried resetting the TV with new TV set up, Iíve removed then readded the app and checked that the software is up to date. Can anyone help? Thank you

2. Re: 50U6863DB Netflix freezes and crashes Tv
    Hi there, I'm sorry to hear you're having this problem, can I first confirm that by resetting the TV you are referring to a first time installation? If not I would recommend performing one of these from the installation menu on your TV.

3. Re: 50U6863DB Netflix freezes and crashes Tv
    Beginner
    I'm having the same issue. Bought the TV today but netflix freezes and crashes the TV when opened. I've tried first time installation, software updates and called Toshiba technical support but they had no solution. I have even taken it back to the shop for a replacement but the new one has the same problem, so clearly a software issue. This is very poor considering its advertised with "dedicated Netflix button" which actually does nothing but break the TV.

Has anybody found a fix?

Thanks

4. Re: 50U6863DB Netflix freezes and crashes Tv
    Hi there, I'm sorry to hear this. Since a first time installation has not resolved the issue, I would suggest emailing support.uk@toshiba-tv.com, and explaining your issue. It may be the case that there is software that can be sent out to fix the problem.

5. Re: 50U6863DB Netflix freezes and crashes Tv
    Thats exactly what was said on the phone. I can see from other threads this is a widespread problem, care to explain why you are shipping broken television?

6. Re: 50U6863DB Netflix freezes and crashes Tv
    Hi there, we were not aware that this was a widespread issue. We are looking into this now. Please could you tell us the serial number of your TV, as this will assist us in trying to find a resolution.

7. Re: 50U6863DB Netflix freezes and crashes Tv
    Beginner
    Same problem here with a toshiba 43v5863db tv Netflix loads but gets stuck buffering making the tv completely unresponsive. Software version V4.28.51

8. Re: 50U6863DB Netflix freezes and crashes Tv
    Hey guys i brought this tv today and it was doing exactly the same thing

But I've figured100% how to fix this

When tv is on press home button - settings - system - more - then click OK on software upgrade - scan for upgrade

Boom done...no where does it tell you to update the tv when you have it but never mind

Let me know if it works