Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Toshiba 32L3753DB 'Smart' TV Internet connection.

1. Toshiba 32L3753DB 'Smart' TV Internet connection.
    Beginner
    Hi all, my newly purchased Toshiba 32L3753DB will not give a reliable internet connection. In settings it says it is connected, displays a IP address, but will not connect to the internet. My router has its own web page and the router is quite happy with the TV with no restrictions. But still no go. This is the 2nd TV i have had in 3 days from the store. The first one was actually easier to maintain a connection and would actually work. But when powered down and up again it would not re-connect to my router without re piddling around with the settings. I appreciiate it would probably work better directly wirde to the router...but that isnt possible in my case. Besides, its supposed to be capable of using a wireless connection.

Also the menu system only occasionally works when using the HDMI input (Sky-HD).

All in all, not a very smart tv after all.

Can anyone shed some light on all this before i return it?. Thanks.

2. Re: Toshiba 32L3753DB 'Smart' TV Internet connection.
    Hi there, I recommend trying a first time installation on your TV to see if it resolves the issue. The first time installation option can be found in the menu, under 'Installation'.

3. Re: Toshiba 32L3753DB 'Smart' TV Internet connection.
    Beginner
    Thanks for the come back, but have done that ad infinitum.

I contacted Toshiba CS and they promised to send me a USB stick/flash drive with a software update. Unfortunately this hasn't materialised. I managed to connect the TV to the net and did a software update search. No update was available according to the TV.

All in all, so far its not faring well for this TV. I also have to admit i expected more from a well known brand like Toshiba.

4. Re: Toshiba 32L3753DB 'Smart' TV Internet connection.
    Hi there, have you got a reference number for the contact that you had with Toshiba Care? We can get it chased up for you, and make sure that the software gets to you.

5. Re: Toshiba 32L3753DB 'Smart' TV Internet connection.
    Beginner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Murphy View Post
    Hi there, have you got a reference number for the contact that you had with Toshiba Care? We can get it chased up for you, and make sure that the software gets to you.
    Hi Jacob, sorry no. I usually write such things down. My address should be on file with someone though surely?. PM me if you need it again. Many thanks.

6. Re: Toshiba 32L3753DB 'Smart' TV Internet connection.
    I tried to register my new smart tele with Toshiba, but they said they do not do that anymore? They said I should ring the company who sold me this defective tele - Tesco. They were no help whatsoever, simply asking me whether I was sitting on the remote each time the unit turned off. Buy a Sony would be my advice

7. Re: Toshiba 32L3753DB 'Smart' TV Internet connection.
    Beginner
    Quote Originally Posted by gethinb View Post
    I tried to register my new smart tele with Toshiba, but they said they do not do that anymore? They said I should ring the company who sold me this defective tele - Tesco. They were no help whatsoever, simply asking me whether I was sitting on the remote each time the unit turned off. Buy a Sony would be my advice
    Thanks for the heads up. I always used to buy Sony and still have a monster trinatron in a spare room that has worked flawlessly for over 20 years.

8. Re: Toshiba 32L3753DB 'Smart' TV Internet connection.
    Beginner
    Internet connection problem solved myself eventually.

No thanks to CS/Toshiba who gave me a multi number run around and a unhealthy phone bill, promised a flash drive fix that never arrived.

The 32L3753DB doesn't like WPA2 network/router security settings. WPA or below is fine. Once downgrading slightly the security settings on the router the tv reconnects on power up no problem.

A little more info on security settings in the manual and a more in depth settings menu on the tv would have been helpful.

Everything else on my network worked fine. I would suggest a future software update for the tv especially if the set is going to be used in rural/any areas exposing business/home networks to the new trend of network hacking by organised crime gangs...