Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Toshiba TV Crashing after trying to use the Netflix App

1. Toshiba TV Crashing after trying to use the Netflix App
    Beginner
    Hi ive just taken delivery of a Toshiba 49U5863DB. Everything is working fine but when I try to launch Netflix, either from the remote or from the app menu, it just crashes the TV.

It shows the Netflix logo and then nothing else happens, I can’t change channel and I have to power the TV off, the tv is still responsive as it allows me to adjust the picture menu, but that is the only thing that will happen during the time.

I have tried deactivating Netflix from the menu. I have also tried rebooting the modem, and the TV. I have checked for software updates and I have also tried to delete the Netflix App. But I keep getting the same problem.

Thanks!!

2. Re: Toshiba TV Crashing after trying to use the Netflix App
    Hi DMCK,

Have you done a first time installation on the TV? I'd advise trying this to see if this would resolve the issue.

3. Re: Toshiba TV Crashing after trying to use the Netflix App
    Hi DMCK,

I'm commenting to follow this.

I'm having the exact same problem with my 50u6863db.

I did run through a first time installation as well as deleting/reinstalling the app and resetting my router but the problem persists.

Hoping someone can shed a bit of light on this!

Thanks!

4. Re: Toshiba TV Crashing after trying to use the Netflix App
    Im getting this exact problem. I tried the above advise and it does nothing

5. Re: Toshiba TV Crashing after trying to use the Netflix App
    Beginner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Murphy View Post
    Hi DMCK,

Have you done a first time installation on the TV? I'd advise trying this to see if this would resolve the issue.
    I am having the same issue with a brand new TV (50U6863DB). My software is up to date and I have tried a first time installation. Should I look into returning the TV or can I fix this?

6. Re: Toshiba TV Crashing after trying to use the Netflix App
    Hi there, we are currently looking into this issue. Could you please reply to this post with the serial number of your TV, as it will assist us in trying to find a resolution.

7. Re: Toshiba TV Crashing after trying to use the Netflix App
    Beginner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Murphy View Post
    Hi there, we are currently looking into this issue. Could you please reply to this post with the serial number of your TV, as it will assist us in trying to find a resolution.
    I'm having exactly the same issue with my Toshiba 75U6763DB that I purchased a couple of weeks ago. I've called your tech support team and tried all kinds of resets. Does Netflix actually work on these TVs?

8. Re: Toshiba TV Crashing after trying to use the Netflix App
    Hi there, we are currently looking into this issue and trying to find a resolution to it. It has been escalated to head office.