Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: 49V6763DB - Black screen with sound

1. 49V6763DB - Black screen with sound
    Since I bought this TV the screen will go black but will still have audio i found out that if I'm watching something and it starts to fade to black that's what is causing it.

It only happens on YouTube/certain games on my PS4 (not Slim or pro models) I have turned down the backlight but that hasn't helped. Doesn't happen if I am watching YouTube through the TV also it doesn't happen on the ps3

I found an example of it,
    https://youtu.be/o3o1gjqXLZ4
    And at 4:50 that's when the screen goes off

I don't know if it's the hdmi cable or some sort of setting on the TV but I am hoping it's a quick fix

Maybe someone can help after they read through this confusing mess

2. Re: 49V6763DB - Black screen with sound
    Hi Azzy, it's worth trying different HDMI cables and also different HDMI ports on the TV, Have you changed the video output on the PS4 to see if this helps also? May also be worth changing the HDMI sources on the TV settings to Enhanced.

3. Re: 49V6763DB - Black screen with sound
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Murphy View Post
    Hi Azzy, it's worth trying different HDMI cables and also different HDMI ports on the TV, Have you changed the video output on the PS4 to see if this helps also? May also be worth changing the HDMI sources on the TV settings to Enhanced.
    thanks I'll try everything you've recommended

4. Re: 49V6763DB - Black screen with sound
    Hi Azzy. any update on this?