Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: HDMI input problem (43U6763DB Smart TV)

1. HDMI input problem (43U6763DB Smart TV)
    Hi - Just set up my 43U6763DB Smart TV and seem to have an issue with the HDMI1 input...

I have a Humax HDR-1800T PVR which is working OK if I connect to the TV using the Scart (EXT1) connection.

However if I use the HDMI1 port for output from the Humax to the TV there is a problem with the signal - it cycles briefly from a black screen; then white noise(snowstorm); then a clear image but with broken sound; then back to the snowstorm and so on.

Is there anything I can do to fix this, or is it some kind of incompatibility - it worked ok on my previous TV

Thanks, Geoff

2. Re: HDMI input problem (43U6763DB Smart TV)
    hi Geoff,

Have you tested any other devices connected to the TV via HDMI to see if the issue is with the HDMI port on the TV ot the Humax box or potentially the HDMI cable itself.

3. Re: HDMI input problem (43U6763DB Smart TV)
    Solved - the Humax PVR had a video output setting which was set to 720p

- selecting 1080i on the PVR solved the problem, and the TV now correctly shows the video/sound

(Selecting 1080p however results in a black screen displaying nothing at all, so it does appear to require the specific resolution to be selected)

4. Re: HDMI input problem (43U6763DB Smart TV)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffG View Post
    Solved - the Humax PVR had a video output setting which was set to 720p

- selecting 1080i on the PVR solved the problem, and the TV now correctly shows the video/sound

(Selecting 1080p however results in a black screen displaying nothing at all, so it does appear to require the specific resolution to be selected)
    Ignore the above ↑↑ - it turned out that it was a DUFF HDMI cable - I switched cables and everything is now working fine at all video resolutions