Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: TV 48L3443DG Smart TV App screen malfunction

1. TV 48L3443DG Smart TV App screen malfunction
    Beginner
    For two or three weeks now I am unable to use my smart TV Apps page. The marker for which app is selected is gone so I cannot access a specific app or select one. On top the apps have changed from my local German stations like (ZDF Mediathek) to weird French applications like rfi. I'm unable to access Netflix which is rather annoying.

If tried to reply to posts on the forum of people who have the same issue three times put my posts won't go online.

Please don't advise me to call the Toshiba hotline since I've tried this multiple times without any success. I've always been on hold for 30 minutes before giving up.

Please help!

2. Re: TV 48L3443DG Smart TV App screen malfunction
    Hi Piper, as this is a German model of TV I would suggest to contact the German support teams email support - support.de@toshiba-tv.com

3. Re: TV 48L3443DG Smart TV App screen malfunction
    We have a 48l smart tv also, the wifi starts but will not respond to the remote which works fine otherwise. Set is nearly 4 years old, Toshiba are not interested.

4. Re: TV 48L3443DG Smart TV App screen malfunction
    Hi Barry,

Have you tested a alternative remote on the TV at all to see if it picks this up?

If it doesn't work, visit www.toshiba.eu/generic/ASP_SUPPORT

5. Re: TV 48L3443DG Smart TV App screen malfunction
    I did a factory reset too, Its dead, not happy after less than 4 years.

Will a set top box work please?
    Barry

6. Re: TV 48L3443DG Smart TV App screen malfunction
    Hi Barry,

If the TV is turning on and you're able to change the source via the on set manual buttons then yes I would think a set top box should work with the TV.