Hi All,
I have a Toshiba Satellite P50T-A-10U laptop and have replaced the internal battery and the charger with a brand new official Toshiba charger. The laptop needs 19V 6.3a and when plugged in with Windows XP, 7 and 10 all of which I have tried it just states plugged in and charging but the battery never goes up. I have replaced the internal battery with a new one and it was at 20% when I put it on and stated plugged in and charging but the animation on the taskbar for the battery only moves for a short time then stops. It too is now not charging and I now have 2 useless batteries.
I have attempted to update the BIOS from 1.10 which it is on to 1.90 but I cannot do this within any operating system or DOS as it always states Warning!! The System Power isn't safe for BIOS update. Please check AC and Battery are plugged in!!
The laptop clearly works from mains as it will do when I remove the battery. When I have got the battery to charge it works also without the charger but only for a short time obviously as it just isn't charging.
I want to force a BIOS update but the option does not appear to be available in AFLASH3.exe which is the official program on the CD when you create one after downloading the BIOS. I have tried everything and above error always appears.
I need to update the BIOS to rule it out as I have tried everything else.
Is this a motherboard issue as everything else works fine but it will only work long term from the mains.
Anything anyone can suggest would be helpful. Thank you.