Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: U6763DB - Can't access internet because I have to 'tune in' TV

1. U6763DB - Can't access internet because I have to 'tune in' TV
    Beginner
    I have just bought this TV. I have it connected to Sky HD via an HDMI port and have a sound bar connected via the optical port. I have connected to the internet via wifi but when I try to access the internet (any of the services you tube, BBC iPlayer etc.) I get a brown box appear with the message “the application requires your TV to be tuned in and connected to the internet. Please check your connects and settings”. Each time I have seen this I have double checked that the TV is still connected to the internet and it is.

How do I ‘tune in’ my TV so I can access the internet?

Mark

2. Re: U6763DB - Can't access internet because I have to 'tune in' TV
    Hi Mark,

You would need a standard aerial connection to the TV as the TV require data from both the internet and standard aerial connection to allow the apps to work.

Youtube and Netflix should both work with just a internet connection however, I'd advise performing a first time installation on the TV when retuning it so it set's up as fresh from the box.

3. Re: U6763DB - Can't access internet because I have to 'tune in' TV
    Beginner
    I have the same problem with a Freesat box connected via hdmi. There is no conventional aerial so does this mean that despite being wireless connected I cannot use the smart functions?

The Freesat box is not smart.

4. Re: U6763DB - Can't access internet because I have to 'tune in' TV
    Hi Vine,

Yeah unfortunately this would be the case, it's because of the type of chipset that is used in the TV. It will require an aerial connection and to be tuned in.