Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Smart TV requires aerial!!!!! what!

1. Smart TV requires aerial!!!!! what!
    Beginner
    Purchased 32W3753DB TV for the Smart features. On setup this TV wants and aerial to tune in, im not interested in tuning it in, I just want to view the catchup TV apps. How do I get around this please?

I dont have an aerial in the home, and dont want one. We have a Sky dish on the house, which the Sony TVs plug in and tune to perfectly fine, but this 32W3753DB does not have the digital aerial socket on the back. But this said, the Sony and Samsung TVs we have which are Smart all have full use of catchup apps without the requirement of an aerial.

2. Re: Smart TV requires aerial!!!!! what!
    Unfortunately due to the chipset that the Toshiba TVs have there is no way around this, If you are unhappy with the TV and how it operates I would suggest contacting your retailer.

3. Re: Smart TV requires aerial!!!!! what!
    Beginner
    This is somewhat ridiculous for a company such a Toshiba - Like buying a car, and saying it must be pulled by a horse, but dont worry you can still start the engine occasionally so long as the horse remains connected and up front!

This TV is not SMART at all, YouTube and Netflix work, but no catchup services work at all without the antenna installed. You can not even tune the TV and then unplug the antenna, it must be connected at all times. The set is even lacking Amazon Prime on the Apps.

Very disappointing purchase from a leading manufacture.

4. Re: Smart TV requires aerial!!!!! what!
    If you are unhappy with the way that the TV operates you can return to the retailer.