Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Toshiba 32L3753DB switching itself on

1. Toshiba 32L3753DB switching itself on
    I've noted the problems other users are having with flashing green light for updates which are also annoying but my problem is exacerbated by the TV turning itself on at 3am whilst it is doing this! Any reason why this is happening?
    If I can't work out why, I'll have to return the tv

2. Re: Toshiba 32L3753DB switching itself on
    Hi there, When the TVs LED light flashes at 2/3am in the morning this indicates that the TV is doing a software update. Unfortunately there is no way to disable this option.

3. Re: Toshiba 32L3753DB switching itself on
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Murphy View Post
    Hi there, When the TVs LED light flashes at 2/3am in the morning this indicates that the TV is doing a software update. Unfortunately there is no way to disable this option.
    Hi Jacob, my TV turned itself on at about 11am this evening, possibly after completing a recording of a film onto a USB connected hard drive. Is this something to do with software updates or is it perhaps a setting on the TV, related to the recording? Please advise. Many thanks.

4. Re: Toshiba 32L3753DB switching itself on
    Enthusiast
    Hey Andy, just curious, does your hard-drive have a external power source? But the TV shouldn't be updating at 11pm? generally as Jacob said its 2am

5. Re: Toshiba 32L3753DB switching itself on
    Hi Greg, apologies I should have been clearer. It is a USB 128GB memory stick with appropriate read and write spec. Hence no power supply. The weird thing is I just set to the TV to record a film at about 2130 and then switched off to standby and went to bed. About 2330 my wife noticed that the TV had switched itself on. Not sure if it had switched on at the time the recording was completed. I'll see if it happens again.

6. Re: Toshiba 32L3753DB switching itself on
    Enthusiast
    Hello Andy,

Did the issue come back again do you know? Whats the software version your TV is currently running at?

7. Re: Toshiba 32L3753DB switching itself on
    Hi Greg, no the issue has not come back. I may have changed the settings somewhere 😊 Not sure. Thanks for your help.

8. Re: Toshiba 32L3753DB switching itself on
    Enthusiast
    No problems Andy, Glad to hear its resolved

9. Re: Toshiba 32L3753DB switching itself on
    Sadly I am actually mistaken Greg and it is not resolved. The issue does keep on happening, with the TV turning itself on and it does seem somehow associated with the recording feature. I think I'll need to return the set as it is very annoying and a waste of electricity.

10. Re: Toshiba 32L3753DB switching itself on
    Hi Andy, I would suggest to contact the Toshiba support team on 0333 733 4422 in regards to discuss the options of software.

11. Re: Toshiba 32L3753DB switching itself on
    Beginner
    Sorry to say that we have had the same issue since we bough this otherwise very good TV, and despite posting earlier messages & flagging it to the support team, we have had no success
    We keep updating the software int he hope that a fix comes through, as unplugging the TV every night is a pain, made worse when we go away & want to record anything, knowing that our TV is probably playing to itself in the middle of the night & after each recording is finished.

Very odd.
    Alan.

12. Re: Toshiba 32L3753DB switching itself on
    Hi Alan, that is exactly what happens with me. I have also hoped that a software update resolves it but so far this is not the case. The latest suggestion is that John Lewis send it off to Toshiba (which can take 2-4 weeks), but I still wonder where there is a setting which can be altered to stop this happening. Surely someone knows somewhere that this is an issue with this set and knows what to do. Most frustrating.

13. Re: Toshiba 32L3753DB switching itself on
    Hi Guys, I would highly suggest contacting the support team to discuss software on 0333 733 4422