Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Toshiba 32L3753DB switching itself on

1. Toshiba 32L3753DB switching itself on
    I've noted the problems other users are having with flashing green light for updates which are also annoying but my problem is exacerbated by the TV turning itself on at 3am whilst it is doing this! Any reason why this is happening?
    If I can't work out why, I'll have to return the tv

2. Re: Toshiba 32L3753DB switching itself on
    Hi there, When the TVs LED light flashes at 2/3am in the morning this indicates that the TV is doing a software update. Unfortunately there is no way to disable this option.

3. Re: Toshiba 32L3753DB switching itself on
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Murphy View Post
    Hi there, When the TVs LED light flashes at 2/3am in the morning this indicates that the TV is doing a software update. Unfortunately there is no way to disable this option.
    Hi Jacob, my TV turned itself on at about 11am this evening, possibly after completing a recording of a film onto a USB connected hard drive. Is this something to do with software updates or is it perhaps a setting on the TV, related to the recording? Please advise. Many thanks.

4. Re: Toshiba 32L3753DB switching itself on
    Enthusiast
    Hey Andy, just curious, does your hard-drive have a external power source? But the TV shouldn't be updating at 11pm? generally as Jacob said its 2am

5. Re: Toshiba 32L3753DB switching itself on
    Hi Greg, apologies I should have been clearer. It is a USB 128GB memory stick with appropriate read and write spec. Hence no power supply. The weird thing is I just set to the TV to record a film at about 2130 and then switched off to standby and went to bed. About 2330 my wife noticed that the TV had switched itself on. Not sure if it had switched on at the time the recording was completed. I'll see if it happens again.