Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Netflix app not working on BDX3400 blu-ray player

1. Netflix app not working on BDX3400 blu-ray player
    Beginner
    Hi,

The Netflix app on the ePortal on my Toshiba BDX3400 blu-ray player has suddenly stopped working. It was fine on the 30th Jan, but now (4th Feb) when I select the Netflix icon and press OK on the remote, nothing happens - no activity, no busy symbol, nothing. Itís just as though I am not pressing on it at all. All other ePortal apps work fine. I have tried power cycling, resetting to factory defaults, disconnecting and reconnecting the internet - nothing has made any difference.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. Re: Netflix app not working on BDX3400 blu-ray player
    Beginner
    This has happened with ours too. We were watching a film on 2 February and all of a sudden Netflix went off and we have been unable to use it since. Just nothing happening when you press on the icon?

3. Re: Netflix app not working on BDX3400 blu-ray player
    Beginner
    Quote Originally Posted by Lianne77 View Post
    This has happened with ours too. We were watching a film on 2 February and all of a sudden Netflix went off and we have been unable to use it since. Just nothing happening when you press on the icon?
    Thatís right - nothing happens. Itís like the button has been disabled or something, Glad Iím not the only one!

4. Re: Netflix app not working on BDX3400 blu-ray player
    Exact same problem here and it's driving us mad. Any information available from anybody?

5. Re: Netflix app not working on BDX3400 blu-ray player
    Beginner
    I'm Sergio from Palermo, Italia.
    I've got the same problem with netflix and my Toshiba bdx3400se bluray

6. Re: Netflix app not working on BDX3400 blu-ray player
    I have the exact same problem with my BDX2250KB. Haven't been able to access Netflix in over a week but all other streaming channels. E.g YouTube and IPlayer work perfectly but the NETFLIX app won't even do anything while i press the button. Is there anyway to fix it? Or update it?

7. Re: Netflix app not working on BDX3400 blu-ray player
    Beginner
    I have the same problem, tried updating via USB, via network, hard reset, factory reset. Nothing is working. I have an BDX5400KE. FIX THIS TOSHIBA!

8. Re: Netflix app not working on BDX3400 blu-ray player
    Beginner
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergius70pa View Post
    I'm Sergio from Palermo, Italia.
    I've got the same problem with netflix and my Toshiba bdx3400se bluray
    I haave the same problem in switzerland with a bdx2550KE- has anyone found a solution?

9. Re: Netflix app not working on BDX3400 blu-ray player
    Hi
    We have the same with Netflix not loading on our BDX5500KB Blue ray player. We have done a factory reset and reloaded and latest update. But nothing has corrected the issue

10. Re: Netflix app not working on BDX3400 blu-ray player
    Beginner
    Hello
    Has anybody had any luck resolving this issue with Netflix app not opening/working on Toshiba BDX3400 player.
    I have been unable to find a way to run a manual update on box and have not been successful trying to get support via the Toshiba website.
    Any help advice would be appreciated.

11. Re: Netflix app not working on BDX3400 blu-ray player
    Same here. I actually bought this player 2nd hand off eBay just last week and it seems not to have been used in a while. Netflix launched fine the first time but did seem to do some kind of update.

Since then, the menu option for Netflix does nothing. Totally unresponsive when I press okay. I'm guessing that Netflix have discontinued support, which is a thing they tend to do.

12. Re: Netflix app not working on BDX3400 blu-ray player
    Beginner
    same thing happened to my blu ray , pls is there any solution to this problem yet?

13. Re: Netflix app not working on BDX3400 blu-ray player
    Beginner
    Same thing has happened to my Toshiba dvd/blu player , it was working fine a few weeks ago [ I've been ill in hospital ] then when I tried reconnecting after upgrading to BT Infinity the Netflix app is totally unresponsive - every BBC app works as does Youtube but Netflix doesn't . I've been chatting with an ' advisor ' for 30 minutes , she was no help at all . I'll be cancelling my subscription .

14. Re: Netflix app not working on BDX3400 blu-ray player
    Beginner
    I posted on here around 12 hours ago and the moderators have yet to verify it .
    How long does it take for a post to appear ?

My Toshiba DVD / Blu Ray has a Netflix app which up till a few days ago was working fine linking me to Netflix every time I clicked on it , now it has STOPPED working - why is this - is it a Toshiba thing or a Netflix thing - I contacted Netflix last night but the lady could not help me - would contacting the Toshiba CEO be of any use I wonder ?

15. Re: Netflix app not working on BDX3400 blu-ray player
    Beginner
    I phoned Netflix , they blamed Toshiba , I wrote to Toshiba they blamed Netflix - Then after not working for around 6 weeks the Netflix app on my Toshiba DVD/Blu Ray player started working once more - it's still working - Hooray !

Not sure if I did anything or it was fixed somehow , everything I tried failed - I disconnected parental control on BT Hub , I set my Toshiba back to factory settings , then 3 weeks after I did that the Netflix app worked - I guess either Netflix or Toshiba got their act together so thank you !!