Hi Satellite users,

I recently had a problem getting my Toshiba Satellite P50t-B running Windows 10 to detect (and hence connect) to my Sony MDR-XB50BS Bluetooth Headphones. The symptom of the problem was that the "MDR-XB50BS" device didn't appear in the list of available devices on the Windows Activity Centre "Connect" screen, nor in the Windows Settings -> Devices -> Bluetooth and other devices -> Add a device screen. Since the device never appeared, I couldn't connect to it.

The solution to the problem turned out to be upgrading my Toshiba Satellite BIOS from version 1.10 to BIOS version 1:50 available on the Drivers & Updates tab of the Toshiba Satellite Support site. The release notes mention a Bluetooth issue being corrected in version 1.40 and while I can't say for certain that this is the same issue I encountered, updating the BIOS was the last thing that I tried before the problem went away, and it's reasonable to expect that a relatively new technology like Bluetooth might have had early implementation bugs.

The other point to note is that if you've already paired the headphones with another device, like I had with my iPhone, then you have to hold the power button down for 7 seconds at power on in order to enter Bluetooth pairing mode first time you try to connect it to the Satellite.

I hope this helps someone someday!

Cheers,
Graham