Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Can't connect Toshiba smart TV 49U5766DB correctly

1. Can't connect Toshiba smart TV 49U5766DB correctly
    Beginner
    Hi, I can't seem to connect the smart TV correctly, (model no 49U5766DB) I have connected to Netflix and so the TV is most definitely connected to the Wifi and the speed is registering at 8mbps but we cannot connect to the freeview play we keep getting the following message:

'The player portal requires your TVtuned in and connected to the internet, please check your connections and settings'

please can you help to solve this
    many thanks

2. Re: Can't connect Toshiba smart TV 49U5766DB correctly
    Hi,

You would need both a aerial connection to the TV aswell as a internet connect, the TV uses data from both aerial and internet to run the apps so if one of the 2 are missing the Freeview play apps will not be accessible.

3. Re: Can't connect Toshiba smart TV 49U5766DB correctly
    Beginner
    does a satellite dish work as an aerial?

4. Re: Can't connect Toshiba smart TV 49U5766DB correctly
    Beginner
    do I need to gey an aerial instead of the satellite dish? I was advised by the aerial bloke that the dish would give me a better reception, but do I need an aerial for the freeview play or should the dish do the same job? sorry I'm such a technophobe!!!

5. Re: Can't connect Toshiba smart TV 49U5766DB correctly
    Unfortunately a satelite won't work it would need to be a standard aerial connect for Freeview play to work!

No problem, it's always best to get it correct and have it all running smoothly