Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toshiba TV 43U6763DB - Power LED flashing Red and Green

1. Toshiba TV 43U6763DB - Power LED flashing Red and Green
    Beginner
    Hi, Had my Tosh TV for about a week. After leaving the TV on standby overnight, some mornings the round power LED is repeatedly flashing Red then Green. Does anyone know what this means and if I should be concerned about it?

Thanks for you help.

2. Re: Toshiba TV 43U6763DB - Power LED flashing Red and Green
    Hi Peter, This flashing on the TV indicates that it is performing a software update. this will usually happen in the hours of 2/3 in the morning.

3. Re: Toshiba TV 43U6763DB - Power LED flashing Red and Green
    Beginner
    Thanks Jacob

4. Re: Toshiba TV 43U6763DB - Power LED flashing Red and Green
    Beginner
    I have experienced the same thing but when I try to turn on the TV it is 5 or more minutes before it will wake up and the 'Toshiba' screen comes on. During this time the screen glows slightly but the TV does not respond to any input from the remote control. Once it does come on, it appears to work normally.
    Thoughts?

5. Re: Toshiba TV 43U6763DB - Power LED flashing Red and Green
    Hi Dave, If you are having these issues I would suggest to call our support team to further assist onm 0333 733 4422

6. Re: Toshiba TV 43U6763DB - Power LED flashing Red and Green
    Beginner
    Hi Jacob. We have had our TV in our bedroom for 3 days now and the red/green flashing light has been starting at around 3 in the morning and was still flashing at 7.30 this morning. Is this normal? It only stopped when I switched the TV on. I'm going to have to tape up the led as it's lighting up the whole room but just wanted to check whether it should be flashing as much as it is. Thanks

7. Re: Toshiba TV 43U6763DB - Power LED flashing Red and Green
    Hi Purple Lady, replied to your other post .

8. Re: Toshiba TV 43U6763DB - Power LED flashing Red and Green
    Surely this problem should be fixed by a software update from Toshiba rather than having to call a helpline. Basically not suitable for a bedroom otherwise.

9. Re: Toshiba TV 43U6763DB - Power LED flashing Red and Green
    Hi Wishy, The TVs are not made to be room specific, The LED is simply an indication to allow the user know that their TV is doing a software update and as a product feature this cannot be turned off. Obviously we want the customers TV so have all the latest updates on the TV which is why this cannot be disabled.

If software is something you wish to talk about you are more than welcome to contact our support teams who will happily assist with any problems/query's you can contact them on 0333 733 4422.

10. Re: Toshiba TV 43U6763DB - Power LED flashing Red and Green
    Hi Jacob,
    I do understand that the TVs are not room specific but I do think it's a bit narrow to assume customers only buy TV for a lounge.
    The fact is that every night an update downloads it will wake people up. A simple menu option to enable this to take place at a suitable time for the customer doesn't seem like an unreasonable request.
    My other TVs allow for updates to be scheduled or set to manual only, sorted.

For the time being I'm going to resort to taping up the LED indicator which isn't in any way ideal.

11. Re: Toshiba TV 43U6763DB - Power LED flashing Red and Green
    As stated this is a product feature but it is worth talking to the support team in regards to software.

12. Re: Toshiba TV 43U6763DB - Power LED flashing Red and Green
    Beginner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Murphy View Post
    As stated this is a product feature but it is worth talking to the support team in regards to software.
    Hi
    I'd like to support others here, waking up to a "disco" in the early hours is far from ideal.
    So some suggestions:
    • Flash once
    • Ideally have "silent software installs" option in the setup menu somewhere

Please can this be relayed to your support team as it's extremely frustrating! I don't want to waste ages on the phone, being put on hold and all that

Thanks
    Phil

13. Re: Toshiba TV 43U6763DB - Power LED flashing Red and Green
    Hi there, I have passed your concerns and suggestions on to our support team. What model of TV are you experiencing this issue with, as we may have software that can resolve this for you.

14. Re: Toshiba TV 43U6763DB - Power LED flashing Red and Green
    Beginner
    this is a nightmare ive had 3 updates in the row at 3am....

this sounds like a bug & it needs a fix...

Also if you are letting people know that the tv is performing an update. why are you doing it at 3AM!! even students are asleep at that time. I dont think people need to be notified of the update at an un-holy hour. doesnt make sense

TV model 32L373DB

15. Re: Toshiba TV 43U6763DB - Power LED flashing Red and Green
    Most TVs these days give you the option of turning off front lights from the menu, or even dimming them. Surely an option to turn them off would be better, then if updating turn the led on a low colour?

16. Re: Toshiba TV 43U6763DB - Power LED flashing Red and Green
    Beginner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Murphy View Post
    Hello

I have question - when software is updating there is possibility to turn on TV or not? Because I have situation, that TV does not turning on when flashing red/green.
    TV Toshiba 49T6863DG.

Thank You in advance.

17. Re: Toshiba TV 43U6763DB - Power LED flashing Red and Green
    Hi Guys,
    Whilst this is still a problem, I’m actually pleased to understand the reason why. This happens on a regular basis with my TV and always wakes me up at 3am.
    User pjmorri’s description of ‘waking up to a disco’ is spot on’!
    I appreciate everything you are saying Jacob and realise you are not personally to blame but I wouldn’t have purchased this TV for my bedroom had I known this. It’s really disruptive to my sleeping pattern. Anyway just want to share my support with everyone else. Hopefully, it can be changed for other people purchasing Toshiba TV’s going forward. Thanks Hayley!

18. Re: Toshiba TV 43U6763DB - Power LED flashing Red and Green
    Beginner
    I have two Toshiba TV, both different models and they both do this!
    Quick fix to the light problem in the bedroom was a piece of blu-e tack over the light, but I can’t stop it happening altogether. The 32” smart tv in my bedroom has done it 3 times this week and to turn it on I need to switch off at the wall and back on.
    I’ve now disabled the auto scan for update, so hopefully that will fix it?

That said though, they are both really good TVs and other than this glitch, really happy with them!

19. Re: Toshiba TV 43U6763DB - Power LED flashing Red and Green
    I only bought mine on Saturday and was woken up at 3am this morning wondering what was going on! Nothing was said when purchasing that this happens and as the manual is installed in the tv you also would no know about this.
    I find is strange that a newly installed tv needs an update 4 days later? It should be upto date for a while surely.
    I turned the tv on and it stopped but turning off is started again. I held thr standby button down for a few seconds and it stopped. Next morning i put tv on and when turning it off if flashed for about 5 seconds then stopped
    Have I i interrupted the update now if holding the standby button stopped the flashing. Although lucky it did as nothing I put in front of it stopped my bedroom looking like I was having a rave and I for one need pitch black to sleep 😔

20. Re: Toshiba TV 43U6763DB - Power LED flashing Red and Green
    Ok I've just turned my tv off and its only 22.45pm? Again only for 10 seconds but its not 3am so why is it doing it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast