Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toshiba FPT-AG04G Active 3D glasses no longer working

1. Toshiba FPT-AG04G Active 3D glasses no longer working
    Beginner
    I have enjoyed 3D viewing with this television using the FPT-AG04G Active 3D glasses and everything has been great. However, recently I had a message displayed stating that an update as needed. The update took place and I rebooted the television. All appeared fine until I tried to view in 3D. None of my 4 pairs of glasses now work. If hold down the button on the glasses there is a continuous flashing red light. I believe that the television is emitting the Bluetooth signal because the message is displayed to turn n the glasses. I have rebooted it without success
    Also, the virtual 3D on the television is no longer working. I am unable to complete a further pairing of the glasses and I believe that they should remain paired to the television. Any assistance to provide a solution to this problem would be greatly appreciated.

2. Re: FPT-AG04G Active 3D glasses No Longer Working
    Beginner
    Actually, it could be that the 3D mode is no longer working as I suspect it would be quite something for none of the 4 pairs of glasses to work!

3. Re: FPT-AG04G Active 3D glasses No Longer Working
    Beginner
    I have exact same problem since i received a notice saying my tv needs new update in software, but when i look at the updated software it is dated august 2017 , i only updated last week 7th december 2017 , any ideas how to delete update ?or over come problem of 3D not working since update?

4. Re: FPT-AG04G Active 3D glasses No Longer Working
    Hi Roy, sorry you are having these issues with the TV. I would suggest contacting the team who will be able to further investigate this for you, you can contact them via 0333 222 7111

5. Re: FPT-AG04G Active 3D glasses No Longer Working
    Exactly the same since the upgrade, very infuriating get on top of this issue Toshiba I havenít got time to phone you.

6. Re: FPT-AG04G Active 3D glasses No Longer Working
    You can also email the Legacy Team who will have these answers for you as well if you do not wish to call. You can email them via tvdvd@toshiba.co.uk

7. Re: FPT-AG04G Active 3D glasses No Longer Working
    Beginner
    Is anyone able to help or advise here? I have a TV '48U7653DB' that was apparently manufactured under a brand license agreement. I have the 3d not working issue with FPT-AG04G glasses. No one seems to want to help me with this - Toshiba tell me to contact the re seller, and Argos have flat refused to help, telling me that the 'core software' has been updated, meaning the 3D is now disabled and I should talk to Toshiba. I have to say I feel a little cheated here - someone must take responsibilty surely?
    I guess I already know that this is going to one to chalk up to experience, but if anyone knows a way of getting this TV working with these glasses I would really appreciate it!

8. Re: FPT-AG04G Active 3D glasses No Longer Working
    Beginner
    I am also experiencing this issue I bought the TV in October 2016 so its out of warranty, does anyone know where that stands when the manufacturers damage the device? October the year I bought it I updated to the most recent version, I started to experience the TV randomly shutting down/restarting. I seem to remember reseting the TV to the original OS version somehow, but that option seems to have been removed... If anyone knows different can you share? As for Toshiba, when are you fixing this? Can you provide any information of current status of an update? Where does this issue lie on you to do list? I personally bought this TV over others because of the 3D feature, I literally just bought a second pair of glasses and spend another £120 on 3D blu-rays I only found out about this error because I invited friends over today to watch some of them... The TV was perfectly fine when the warranty was still in place, we watched Wonder Woman it was awesome. The TV model is 48U7653DB (v.2.15.20.0/v.0.1.6.4)and the glasses are FPT-AG04G (bluetooth). Argos said I need to contact Toshiba, I haven't been able to contact Toshiba yet, the number given above said they were currently closed.

Im a bit unhappy about this, sad and worried. I can't afford a new TV. When we make mistakes with software we listen are open with the public publicly displaying known issues on GitHub as well as their current status, why can't Toshiba be the same. If there is a link to a thread or open issue discussing this problem as well as solutions can someone please post a link?

Thank you to everyone reporting the issue so far. If you are experiencing this issue, don't just look and leave, sign up and post a reply reporting the problem. This TV is still being sold places listing the 3D feature, the more awareness the more likely a fix will happen.

Toshiba 48U7653DB FPT-AG04G not pairing.
    Toshiba 48U7653DB glasses not pairing.

9. Re: FPT-AG04G Active 3D glasses No Longer Working
    Beginner
    I am having the same problem with model 55U7763DB, does anyone know if there is a way to downgrade the firmware to the previous version?

10. Re: FPT-AG04G Active 3D glasses No Longer Working
    Beginner
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderhan View Post
    I am having the same problem with model 55U7763DB, does anyone know if there is a way to downgrade the firmware to the previous version?
    No haven't found a way to downgrade

According to Toshiba, these are the people we need to contact Compal http://tveu.compal-toshiba.com/uk/en/support.html

11. Re: FPT-AG04G Active 3D glasses No Longer Working
    Beginner
    Quote Originally Posted by alexanderholman View Post
    No haven't found a way to downgrade

According to Toshiba, these are the people we need to contact Compal http://tveu.compal-toshiba.com/uk/en/support.html

I have spoken to Toshiba and they have asked for me to forward details of my TV.

Apparently they are working on a fix, so fingers crossed.

12. Re: FPT-AG04G Active 3D glasses No Longer Working
    Beginner
    I was contacted yesterday (after being told first time round "not our problem") I was told they are working with "head office" but so far no info on a fix from me, fingers crossed though!

13. Re: FPT-AG04G Active 3D glasses No Longer Working
    Beginner
    I was contacted yesterday (after being told first time round "not our problem") I was told they are working with "head office" but so far no info on a fix from me, fingers crossed though!
    Had the same contact from Toshiba. Sent the details and am hopeful of a response soon. Thanks to adding weight to the issue guys, and nice to know that someone is trying to help after being told 'no way' initially.

14. Re: FPT-AG04G Active 3D glasses No Longer Working
    Beginner
    Latest update:

Toshiba asked me to do a first time install - I'm not sure how this would fix a firmware issue.

I tried it and nothing has changed for me. Toshiba now want to have an engineer ring me.

Surely they do some kind of regression testing before they release software, which apparently can't be rolled back!!

15. Re: FPT-AG04G Active 3D glasses No Longer Working
    I would suggest contacting the support team on 0333 222 7111

16. Re: FPT-AG04G Active 3D glasses No Longer Working
    Beginner
    Hi,

I started this thread back in November 2017 and I am quite surprised that so many of us are affected by this issue.

I still do not have this issue resolved.

After contacting Toshiba I was told that my Toshiba television was manufactured by Compal under a brand licensing agreement. This means that any support for these television models lies with the seller and the place of purchase should be fully aware of this situation.

I then contacted the seller, who have told me that the problem may be due to a software change by Toshiba and I should contact them (which, of course, I had already done).

I have tried a first time installation on several occasions without success.

I am currently pursuing having the television replaced by the seller, as it has a 5 year guarantee, but I still have the issue of the software change.

Its all very frustrating and very sad, especially as I am very pleased with the television otherwise and have owned a Toshiba for as long as I can remember.

I will post any progress as it happens.

17. Re: FPT-AG04G Active 3D glasses No Longer Working
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Large View Post
    Hi,

I started this thread back in November 2017 and I am quite surprised that so many of us are affected by this issue.

I still do not have this issue resolved.

After contacting Toshiba I was told that my Toshiba television was manufactured by Compal under a brand licensing agreement. This means that any support for these television models lies with the seller and the place of purchase should be fully aware of this situation.

I then contacted the seller, who have told me that the problem may be due to a software change by Toshiba and I should contact them (which, of course, I had already done).

I have tried a first time installation on several occasions without success.

I am currently pursuing having the television replaced by the seller, as it has a 5 year guarantee, but I still have the issue of the software change.

Its all very frustrating and very sad, especially as I am very pleased with the television otherwise and have owned a Toshiba for as long as I can remember.

I will post any progress as it happens.
    Just rang up customer service today and they emailed me a link to a fix that you can upload to your tv via usb drive

18. Re: FPT-AG04G Active 3D glasses No Longer Working
    Beginner
    After a little back and forth of not my problem it's yours... Toshiba provided me with a fix, just tested it and it worked, I have replied with feedback so imagine an update will be roled out shortly... you can find my contact details on holman.org.uk if you want me to forward any details on how to fix, but would suggest waiting for an official patch which I can only assume is coming soon

19. Re: FPT-AG04G Active 3D glasses No Longer Working
    Beginner
    After a little back and forth of not my problem it's yours... Toshiba provided me with a fix, just tested it and it worked, I have replied with feedback so imagine an update will be roled out shortly... you can find my contact details on holman.org.uk if you want me to forward any details on how to fix, but would suggest waiting for an official patch which I can only assume is coming soon

Hi, How did you update the firmware?

I have the file, and the instructions from Toshiba but I can't get it to update.

Did Toshiba tell you to use menu + 1505 to get the software installation to start?

Ian

20. Re: FPT-AG04G Active 3D glasses No Longer Working
    Beginner
    That's correct put the file on a USB thumb drive formatted to fat32 and make sure it's the only file on the drive. Plug it in and on the remote in the following combination press menu 1 5 0 5 and it will prompt you to start the update. After a while and lots of flash red and green the TV updates turns back on and the glasses for me at least worked. I should note I havent tried anything other than the 3d, all inputs work correctly, Netflix and YouTube. I haven't tested anything else so am unaware if any issues are introduced by the update.

My drive was a 16Gb USB2 thumb drive and while I understand it shouldn't matter, it was plugged in to the top port on the right side (from the back).

Instructions said I would see a media prompt that should be ignored. I didn't get that.

Sorry about typos, am on my phone, and auto correct hates me. Probably have missed a few.

Quote Originally Posted by spiderhan View Post
    Hi, How did you update the firmware?

I have the file, and the instructions from Toshiba but I can't get it to update.

Did Toshiba tell you to use menu + 1505 to get the software installation to start?

Ian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast