Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite P50-A (PSPMHA-09M04S) WiFi Card Replacement

1. Satellite P50-A (PSPMHA-09M04S) WiFi Card Replacement
    Beginner
    I'm looking to replace my WiFi Card. It is a 1/2 height PCI-E, Qualcomm Atheros QCWB335. The card I have in mind is a dual-band, Intel Pro Wireless AC7260.

I'm aware of the process to replace the card, my question is; Does my laptop have a hardware white list in its BIOS that is likely to prevent me from using an Intel card?

I made contact with the support number for New Zealand, but they were of no help, only recommending I send my laptop to their technician in another city. It lists an Intel Wireless LAN driver, so I'm not sure if it was sold with an optional speced Intel card, and if the AC7260 would be accepted by the BIOS. My laptop is out of warranty, I am simply looking to upgrade my card as there is too much wireless interference on 2.4GHz in my area. Here is the Support Centre page for my specific Laptop http://www.mytoshiba.co.nz/support/c...download?os=32

-Ben
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails QCWB335.png