Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: 32L3753DB - wifi connection ok, but apps not working

1. 32L3753DB - wifi connection ok, but apps not working
    Beginner
    I have just bought a Toshiba 32L3753DB smart tv (not the latest model, but good value). I have set up a wifi connection. The tv confirms it is connected in the settings menu and its says everying is OK, including the speed of the connection. If I click on YouTube I gain access to videos. I have also updated the firmware via wifi. But if I click on either the BBC iPlayer or the ITV Hub apps, a message pops up saying I need to have an internet connection. Which I know I have, and is working. Why do the apps not see the connection? Have I missed something in the setup? Any ideas?

2. Re: 32L3753DB - wifi connection ok, but apps not working
    Hi.

You also need a aerial connection for the BBC, ITV and other on demand/catch up apps to work. Without a aerial and internet connection you won't be able to get the Catch up/On Demand services.

3. Re: 32L3753DB - wifi connection ok, but apps not working
    Beginner
    I have the same problem - but my aerial is plugged in via my Sky box.
    I can view all the programmes on the Sky box but cannot get the apps
    The message given is they are not connected to the internet.
    Should I use an aerial to obtain access to these apps? And if so how
    can I plug into back of tv as one already there?

4. Re: 32L3753DB - wifi connection ok, but apps not working
    Hi, to use the catch up apps you will need an aerial connected directly into you TV (not into your Sky Box) and to have scanned for channels.

5. Re: 32L3753DB - wifi connection ok, but apps not working
    Beginner
    My new Smart TV Toshiba 28W3753DB also says it is correctly connected in the settings menu and everything says OK, including the speed of the connection. But as soon as I try to access Netflix or Freeview etc it says there is no internet connection. I have an aerial connection for watching regular TV. Everything was working a couple of days ago so I do not understand how to get the internet reception back. Please help.

6. Re: 32L3753DB - wifi connection ok, but apps not working
    Enthusiast
    Hey Charlotte, II'd try resetting the TV by performing a first time installation and setting it back up again. Also make sure you agree to the EULA terms and conditions on the set up.

7. Re: 32L3753DB - wifi connection ok, but apps not working
    Beginner
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Ward View Post
    Hey Charlotte, II'd try resetting the TV by performing a first time installation and setting it back up again. Also make sure you agree to the EULA terms and conditions on the set up.
    Many thanks for your helpful reply. I eventually managed to persuade the "Settings" to do a fresh search for the internet connection, even though it already said it was connected. That did the trick. I have had to do it several times since, usually after turning on the TV, but it does eventually permit me to access Netflix, YouTube etc. Last night I lost all the stations which come through the aerial but I think that had to be a fault at the local relay transmitter. We had a severe storm last week which seems to have shaken everything up!

8. Re: 32L3753DB - wifi connection ok, but apps not working
    Hey Charlotte, yeah I know a few transmitters are also going through updates/upgrades so this might also take an effect on the TV.

9. Re: 32L3753DB - wifi connection ok, but apps not working
    Beginner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Murphy View Post
    Hey Charlotte, yeah I know a few transmitters are also going through updates/upgrades so this might also take an effect on the TV.
    Thank you for that information and I hope you are right. I am finding I have to go into the settings pretty well every time . Even though the list says it is connected I have to coax the TV into doing its own secondary search to ensure the connection. Only then can I access the iPlayer or Netflix.

10. Re: 32L3753DB - wifi connection ok, but apps not working
    Enthusiast
    Hello Charlotte,

Are you still having this issue or is it all resolved for you now?

11. Re: 32L3753DB - wifi connection ok, but apps not working
    Beginner
    Anybody using NowTV via NowTVs website? We use NowTV on our main TV and have just bought the 32L3753DB for another room. We hoped we could get to use it on this tv too but so far it won't work. We browse to NowTVs website and can log in to our account with them but we can't watch anything. It said the NowTV player would automatically download (how do we check this has happened?) or you could manually download it....we've tried both, but still no films! Please help if you can.

12. Re: 32L3753DB - wifi connection ok, but apps not working
    Beginner
    I'm experiencing the exact same problem as Charlotte. I set up my TV a couple of days ago and whilst it allows me to access the FB and twitter apps, iPlayer and ITVhub just don't work. Keep saying I'm not connected to the internet. I've ensured that the aerial is plugged into the TV and that it's searched for channels etc. I'm using a wireless mobile broadband device and have run the connectivity test and speed test and all show OK, yet it still says not connected to the internet.

If there's anything else I can try that anyone can suggest, I'd be really really grateful! Just want to be able to use my shiny new TV!

Thanks in advance.

13. Re: 32L3753DB - wifi connection ok, but apps not working
    Hi Fraser, Unfortunately the TV does not support the flash player the Now TV website wants to use so won't play anything from the browser. You'd need to use a external device for Now TV.

Hi Madmish, give the team a message on support.uk@toshiba.tv.com and they can help but first try a first time installation from the installation menu