Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: I need support to ressurect my dead Toshiba 40L3453R

1. I need support to ressurect my dead Toshiba 40L3453R
    Beginner
    Hello all. I need to find and download firmware for my dead TV Toshiba 40L3453R. In my country Toshiba close all support lines and at site i found only firmware for 40L3453DB. I don't know it's compatible with my. Now TV stay in black screen and blinking green button.

2. Re: I need support to ressurect my dead Toshiba 40L3453R
    Hey Denis, what control is it your messaging from?

3. Re: I need support to ressurect my dead Toshiba 40L3453R
    Beginner
    Hi Greg. What you mean under control ?
    I try to search 3-component firmware for my TV. mboot.bin, firmware.bin and usb_auto_update.txt
    I found a lot of firmware but no one not compatible for me. When i try to start flash with pressed {OK} on remote control - nothing happend - Tv don't want start reflash.

4. Re: I need support to ressurect my dead Toshiba 40L3453R
    Hey Denis, Sorry I meant country not control.

5. Re: I need support to ressurect my dead Toshiba 40L3453R
    Beginner
    I live in Astrakhan, Russia. Toshiba close all support lines. Service center ask about change motherboard 17MB95

6. Re: I need support to ressurect my dead Toshiba 40L3453R
    Beginner
    I think Toshiba 40L3453DB - is similar but i found only one component firmware -upgrade_mb90.bin

7. Re: I need support to ressurect my dead Toshiba 40L3453R
    Ahh i see, Well i would suggest trying to contact Toshiba Via this number and see how they can help you?

There contact number is 0333 222 7111.

Hope this helps

8. Re: I need support to ressurect my dead Toshiba 40L3453R
    Beginner
    i try to contact with Toshiba UK. He's ask about try to flash user installed firmware for 40L3453DB - but this not possible. I have black screen and only flashing button on face of my TV. If i download any type firmware with 3 componeте to flash drive and try to start TV with pressed OK on remote control - nothing happend. Only black screen and not flashed button. I try to wait.

9. Re: I need support to ressurect my dead Toshiba 40L3453R
    Hi Dennis, Try this link, theres a contact for the russian support team here http://www.toshiba.eu/generic/contact-ru/

10. Re: I need support to ressurect my dead Toshiba 40L3453R
    Beginner
    Jacob thanks for the advice, but this support for industrial equipment, not for customer, I think my TV is really dead.

11. Re: I need support to ressurect my dead Toshiba 40L3453R
    Not a problem Denis. In this case, then it would seem there is nothing else then can be done. Last resort would be to look at a independent 3rd party repair but this could cost as much if not more then the cost of a new TV so may want to consider getting a new TV sadly.