Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: 19CV100C that will not connect to an OTT MXQ Android box via HDMI.

1. 19CV100C that will not connect to an OTT MXQ Android box via HDMI.
    Beginner
    Problem in its simplest form (with HDMI cable in either HDMI port).
    1)When MXQ boots up (MXQ led from red to blue) the Red AC power light on the TV goes out.
    2)When I have the TV on and the correct HDMI port selected, I see MXQ displayed on the screen (sometimes a 720p resolution banner) for 5 to 10 seconds then the Green Power ON light goes out.
    When the HDMI cable is removed from the MXQ either the Red AC or the Green ON light comes back and the TV responds to the control.

I do not belive the TV to have a problem (can use DVD player attached to either HDMI port) but could have to do with the HDMI handshake.
    I have reset TV to factory, disabled REGZA-LINK, and tried all possible combinations of options without success.
    Doing web searches found many people with a Toshiba (and a few other brands) to have this problem with an android box but have not found a solution.
    Firmware is up to date V1.06.081W so baring a design flaw I think the problem has to be the MXQ box.

This MXQ box was just given to me (he updated to newer box) and has been working with two different TVs without problems over last several years.
    I also saw an indication in one message that the lights going out were an indication that Toshiba power protection was kicking in.

I have searched this forum and the web for several hours without result. Can anyone offer some insite??

Thanks in advance Don

2. Re: 19CV100C that will not connect to an OTT MXQ Android box via HDMI.
    Enthusiast
    Hey, do you have a option to try a different connection? Like using a A/V connection and seeing if this works or trying it on a alternative TV and seeing if it works via HDMI? Is there a option to reset the OTT MXQ box? Try different HDMI cables if you can too...but it could be possibly the power protection kicking in, if nothing works try calling Toshiba on 0333 222 7111

3. Re: 19CV100C that will not connect to an OTT MXQ Android box via HDMI.
    Beginner
    Thanks Greg.
    Closing cottage last couple of weeks and could not monitor emails or pursue problem. The box has other connections but will have to dig up cables (optical) and adapters (mini stereo jack to RCA) and will attempt to do so. I am sure I have both just a matter of finding them. Have been reluctant to try with another TV due to possible HDMI port damage. Have tried multiple HDMI cables with same results. Box has been reset.

Query was more to verify that this box is incompatible with some Toshiba TVs (as my online searches seem to indicate) and if anyone has found a work around.

4. Re: EDS Audio Converter
    Hi, It seems with all the troubleshoting you've tried this isn't going to be compatible with the TV. To be sure though contact Toshiba on 0333 222 7111 or tvdvd@toshiba.co.uk

5. Re: EDS Audio Converter
    Beginner
    Problem was the fact that default settings on MXQ android box were 50hz.

When I finally got an interface cable (AV 3.5mm from MXQ to 3 RCA style connectors for Audio and Video) I could see that the defaults were 50HZ manually switched SD to 480I 60HZ which allowed me to see the interface.

The HDMI setting was set to 720P 50HZ and it was set to auto-detect the TV resolution. However this did not work and I could not turn off "HDMI auto-detect" to set to 720p 60hz manually. The control was greyed out.

Eventually it dawned on me that the reason it was greyed out was that I did not have an HDMI cable plugged in BUT I could not have both SD and HDMI cables in at same time as the MXQ would output nothing. Eventually booted up with SD cable, removed it and plugged int HDMI which then allowed me to set "HDMI auto-detection" off and which it turn allowed me to manually set the Output mode to 720p 60HZ. This took several attempts.

The catch 22 was that I needed to boot up with an HDMI cable installed so I could reset the auto-detection off BUT with the HDMI cable installed I had no display to manipulate the settings.

NOTE: If I reset the TV each time it would auto detect 720p 60HZ properly but would not maintain the setting with MQZ dropping back to the 50HZ setting on the first resolution change. If I was smart at that point I could have done the above changes but did not realize what was required at that point. Also this in turn was flaky and did not always work.

6. Re: EDS Audio Converter
    Beginner
    Thanks, issue closed