Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: what screwdriver to use to remove fan cover on satellite p10

1. what screwdriver to use to remove fan cover on satellite p10
    Beginner
    i am lost as to which screwdriver i need to remove the cover around the fan and heat sink, my p 10 is over heating now all the time and im hoping its because, of dust and dirt that has been sucked in over the last year and a half, the screws i need to open are an actual star shaped screw, not the normal philips star like the rest of the screws on the unit, I hope someone here can point me in the right direction as to where i can get one of these scredrivers........... thank you

2. Re: what screwdriver to use to remove fan cover on satellite p10
    Master
    Hi

Sorry but your question is a little bit laughable for me. Before you wait for some answer Google a little bit around or ask in some store for tool kit.

My last notebook was Satellite P20. It is the similar unit just a little bit bigger but with the same screws. It is not recommended to use non-original screwdriver but I have done it. Please donít do this because of screw damaging.

Bye

3. Re: what screwdriver to use to remove fan cover on satellite p10
    Master
    Hi Noel,

The star shaped screws that you refer to are known as 'TORX' screws and you need the appropriate TORX screwdriver bit to undo them. Any hardware store should be able to provide a suitable driver.

regards,

4. Re: what screwdriver to use to remove fan cover on satellite p10
    Beginner
    sorry, i know it was a bit of a dumb question...
    i did go on google before i posted, and i was guessing that they were torx, i couldnt see a good enough image of the head on various websites, so i posted here just to make sure before i went and got one.........
    thank you for your answers :)