Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Connecting Toshiba 49U6663DB to sounder and TIVO box

1. Connecting Toshiba 49U6663DB to sounder and TIVO box
    Beginner
    I have just purchased this new TV. With my old LG TV I had no problem connecting TIVO box to (Maxell) soundbar and then to TV.
    It all worked perfectly.

I have tried the same connection route with new TV and can't get the soundbar to work at all.
    I can't see why this is so as the connections seem to be identical. At the moment I can only get the TV to work by direct connection to TIVO box with SCART/HDMI lead.

Where am I going wrong or is there a compatibility problem here? All help/advice welcomed.

2. Re: Connecting Toshiba 49U6663DB to sounder and TIVO box
    Hi, Have you tried connecting the sound bar to the HDMI port which is labelled HDMI ARC and also turning on HDMI CEC in the menu. Having this enables and connected to the port should resolve the issue. Without CEC on it won't work.

3. Re: Connecting Toshiba 49U6663DB to sounder and TIVO box
    Beginner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Murphy View Post
    Hi, Have you tried connecting the sound bar to the HDMI port which is labelled HDMI ARC and also turning on HDMI CEC in the menu. Having this enables and connected to the port should resolve the issue. Without CEC on it won't work.
    Thanks for replying. The TV only has one HDMI output port and its not labelled ARC. The soundbar has an ARC port and I have tried connecting on that one but no joy yet.
    I can't find an HDMI CEC setting in the menu. Not very hopeful at the moment
    Will be very grateful if you have any other ideas.

4. Re: Connecting Toshiba 49U6663DB to sounder and TIVO box
    Hi, On the side of the TV there should be 3 more HDMI ports. One of these will be labelled HDMI ARC and the HDMI CEC setting can be found as follows Menu>System>Settings>More>CEC and this should be set to enabled.

Hopefully this resolves the issue for you.