Hello Support,

Quite recently I have noticed that the clock / time (displayed in the system tray) of my Satellite C670-12P is going crazy, typically slowing down a bit, but sometimes jumping backwards in time by one hour or even more ! The biggest leap was more than 3 hours backwards... As you can imagine the OS (Windows 7 Home Premium) doesn't like that much and I've had to suffer possibly related hangs.

After some googling it seems that it might be related to an aging CMOS battery (which i've never replaced indeed). After some more youtubing I have learned how to unmount the keyboard under which the CMOS battery would probably be located (as seen on the similar Satellite C series' video). To my greatest surprise, however, unmounting the keyboard of the laptop only revealed a "hole" in the plastic board with some connector, but not the expected CMOS battery -- see attached picture I took and red circle where I was expecting it.

Am I going down the wrong path here ? How can I make sure that it is a weak CMOS battery the root cause of the clock / time going crazy ?
Once that's proven, where is it actually located in the C670-12P and can I easily replace it ? I've seen that sometimes its soldered on the motherboard!

Thanks in advance for your advice and assistance !