Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Toshiba 49U6663DB 49" Smart 4K wont work on PS4 pro

1. Toshiba 49U6663DB 49" Smart 4K wont work on PS4 pro
    Just bought a Toshiba 49u6663db 49 Inch Smart 4K UlJustto use with my ps4 pro but it will not play anything in 2160p YUV420 or 2160p RGB why is this ?

2. Re: Toshiba 49u6663db 49 Inch Smart 4K wont work on my ps4 pro
    Beginner
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardBK View Post
    Just bought a Toshiba 49u6663db 49 Inch Smart 4K UlJustto use with my ps4 pro but it will not play anything in 2160p YUV420 or 2160p RGB why is this ?

I too am seeing issues with my 49u6663db. I get a picture but it is jumping and flickering all over the place. I have tried everything in the Sony Playstation forums with NO success. Currently, it only works in 1080p or less resolution, not really the reason for buying a 4k tv now is it? From what I understand it is down to the colour signals that are being sent from the PS4Pro and the tv not being able to handle that. So it is an issue with the TV flicking between differing RGB settings which I cannot find anything for turning it off. Everything on the tv just seems to want to be automatic

Hoping that Toshiba will be kind enough to respond soon.

3. Re: Toshiba 49u6663db 49 Inch Smart 4K wont work on my ps4 pro
    Master
    Hi,

there is already another thread here in the forum about the similar PS4 4K issue.
    https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?97200

I think it would be useful to follow the discussion only in one thread in order to avoid a confusing discussion and possible misunderstandings.

So recommend to follow the discussion in another thread.

4. Re: Toshiba 49u6663db 49 Inch Smart 4K wont work on my ps4 pro
    Beginner
    It may be because you don`nt have HDR In your TV.

5. Re: Toshiba 49u6663db 49 Inch Smart 4K wont work on my ps4 pro
    Hey all, never fear your friendly neighbor hood Greg is here!

If you contact Toshiba they may be able to send 4k software out for the TV if this does not work then by all means return to store.

Might also suggest a first time installation on the TV as well if not tried yet.

But yeah Toshiba give them a call on 03332227111.

6. Re: Toshiba 49u6663db 49 Inch Smart 4K wont work on my ps4 pro
    Beginner
    I rang yesterday 13th Nov 2017 and they are going to send me an update out on a USB stick as I’m having exactly the same problems with my X Box One-X. Will let you know how it goes and if 4K becomes playable/usable!

7. Re: Toshiba 49u6663db 49 Inch Smart 4K wont work on my ps4 pro
    Beginner
    Update. The software update worked perfectly. Picture is now set to 4K and works perfectly. So get onto Toshiba and see if they can help you

8. Re: Toshiba 49u6663db 49 Inch Smart 4K wont work on my ps4 pro
    If you give the team a call they will be more than happy to assist. you can contact them on 0333 733 4422

9. Re: Toshiba 49u6663db 49 Inch Smart 4K wont work on my ps4 pro
    Beginner
    Hi my ps4 slim wont register on the TV, i was wondering uf anyone could help me??

10. Re: Toshiba 49u6663db 49 Inch Smart 4K wont work on my ps4 pro
    Hi.
    Do you mean that at the moment the TV isn’t recognising the console and is saying no signal? If this is the case I would first advise checking the TV is on the correct source. I would also advise unplugging the TV and the console and then plugging them back in. You could also try using another HDMI cable. I would also advise is booting the console into safe mode (turning on by holding down the power button until you hear a second start up sound). It may also be worthwhile connecting the console to another TV. If this does not resolve your issue I would suggest contacting the team who will be more than happy to further assist for you, we are open Monday-Friday 9 till 5 and 10-2 at the weekend and you can contact us on 0333 733 4422.