Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Satellite P50-B 11L no sound from speakers and headphones

1. Re: Satellite P50-B 11L no sound from speakers and headphones
    Beginner
    deathline, did you reinstall drivers with the original Toshiba drivers for windows 8.1 - v6.0.1.7173? If not first reinstall drivers and then make hard reset. There is something buggy in newest drivers(or at least not working with Toshiba laptops).

2. Re: Satellite P50-B 11L no sound from speakers and headphones
    Quote Originally Posted by Pako View Post
    deathline, did you reinstall drivers with the original Toshiba drivers for windows 8.1 - v6.0.1.7173? If not first reinstall drivers and then make hard reset. There is something buggy in newest drivers(or at least not working with Toshiba laptops).
    A clean win10 fall creter update installation sound card " HD audio device", speaker and microphone seems "input and output device" using microsoft driver not realtek.Firstly i removed sound card from device manager then i installed "Toshiba drivers for windows 8.1 - v6.0.1.7173" using setup and manual inf installation(hdxrt.inf) , then i checked sound card driver is realtek 6.0.1.7173 but speaker and microphone using microsoft driver altough impossible to change driver cause of windows says "you dont need a driver for this device".

I will try install original driver installation first initialize of windows before windows update starting or embed driver maybe it work.

3. Re: Satellite P50-B 11L no sound from speakers and headphones
    Hello guys. I have an Toshiba Satelite P50t B t10, and I have the same problem. Iíve done everything normal, but still donít work. I have to try the hard reset and old driver version

4. Re: Satellite P50-B 11L no sound from speakers and headphones
    Thank you so much. My sound work again ))

5. Re: Satellite P50-B 11L no sound from speakers and headphones
    Beginner
    Thank you James12345!
    Your suggestion helped me return my sound (Toshiba Satellite P-50B-118)
    I returned the driver to v6.0.1.7173 and did a hard reset. So glad I can hear sounds again!

6. Re: Satellite P50-B 11L no sound from speakers and headphones
    Beginner
    James12345 you saved my laptop's life, i was going to throw it to the wall.
    Thank you so much.

7. Re: Satellite P50-B 11L no sound from speakers and headphones
    Beginner
    Quote Originally Posted by James12345 View Post
    After doing a clean Windows 10 install on my P55t, I ran into the same issue everyone on this thread had...no sound. I tried everything...reinstalling the latest Realtek drivers, reinstalling Windows 8.1, reinstalling Windows 10, changing settings...but nothing worked. After 24 hours of failure, I found this thread and finally got my speakers working again. I initially tried the hard reset jmcm did with the latest Realtek drivers installed (v6.0.1.8186) but I still didn't have sound. I then installed older Realtek drivers (v6.0.1.7173) and then tried the hard reset and that solved my problem. After 24 hours of silence, my speakers work again. I was tempted to re-install the latest Realtek drivers and try the hard reset again but I decided not to. I'm happy with my speakers working again.

For those not familiar on how to perform a hard reset, here's the link to Toshiba's KB (Document ID 4004523)

https://support.toshiba.com/support/...tentId=4004523

To do the hard reset, I did a full shut down of Windows (Hold down the Shift key when you click on Shut down) After the computer shuts down, unplug the power and then use a paper clip to perform the hard reset. I inserted the paper clip into the reset hole and held down the reset button for about 3-4 seconds...that's when I heard a pop from the speakers. Plug the power cord back in and power the laptop back on.

Hope this works for you as well!!!

James12345, your recipe just works, I've sound again after months!!!

Thanks so much.

8. Re: Satellite P50-B 11L no sound from speakers and headphones
    Beginner
    I've made this "fall update" over old windows 10. There was no sound after update. Reinstall old sound drivers for win 8.1 (mine is 64-bit) did the hard reset and the sound is back again.
    TOSHIBA MUST LOOK AT THIS PROBLEM, ELSE WITH EVERY NEW UPDATE THERE WILL BE NO SOUND !!!

9. Re: Satellite P50-B 11L no sound from speakers and headphones
    Toshiba authorized technical service repair my mainboard pcb trace and replace sound chip and everythings is ok sound is better then when i bought , otherwise they offer me mainboard replace which is may laptop warranty is over.Repair is ~$200 new board is ~$800.
    Technical services has claimed P50 series has a phenomen about sounds 90% percent of fault causes speakers rest of boards etc.Sattellite series is discontinued only Satellite Pro upper series avaible, so some country toshiba has warranty extension packs I've advice all p50 user.

10. Re: Satellite P50-B 11L no sound from speakers and headphones
    Hey my friend i have a sound problem like you. But i cant fix it can u show me pls on the video what do yo do. I try to everything but its not fixed pls help me plss

11. Re: Satellite P50-B 11L no sound from speakers and headphones
    Beginner
    Again without audio. I had already had the same problem with a windows 10 creator update and now again, updating to version 1803, I'm still without audio.
    I also tried the hard reset button but this time it does not work. No audio yet.

What the hell do we have to do with these satellites? Throw them in the trash?

12. Re: Satellite P50-B 11L no sound from speakers and headphones
    Beginner
    I solved alone. If someone has or will have the same problem of audio loss after a windows 10 creator update, I recommend following these steps:
    1- block automatic windows driver updates (important for the future)
    2- Uninstall the audio device including the updated drivers
    3- download and install the drivers 6.0.1.7173 of 02/11/2014 (you will not hear anything yet)
    4- Follow the reset procedure with the button under the laptop
    5 - I have the fuc*ing audio now ... finally (i have a Satellite P50-B)

Good luck! ;-)

13. Re: Satellite P50-B 11L no sound from speakers and headphones
    Beginner
    Quote Originally Posted by Syssys View Post
    Hey my friend i have a sound problem like you. But i cant fix it can u show me pls on the video what do yo do. I try to everything but its not fixed pls help me plss

Syssys, perform the following iIf your issue is with sound not working after upgrading to Windows 10 or a Windows 10 update:

- Go to Device Manager and expand "Sound, video and game controllers"
    - Double-click Realtek High Definition Audio
    - Select the Driver tab and check driver version. If it's not 6.0.1.7173, go to Toshiba's web site and download Realtek Audio drivers version 6.0.1.7173
    - Install Relatek audio driver version 6.0.1.7173
    - Perform a full shutdown of Windows by holding down the Shift key and then clicking Shut Down
    - After the computer shuts down, unplug the power and perform a hard reset by inserting a paper clip into the little reset hole on the bottom of your laptop. Hold down the reset button for 3-4 seconds until you hear a "pop' from the speakers.
    - Power on the laptop and your sound should work

14. Re: Satellite P50-B 11L no sound from speakers and headphones
    Beginner
    Just wanted to thank you james12345. Your procedure worked like a charm! I got my sound back. In my case, I installed a program called SlimDriver which among other drivers replaced my realtek sound driver to the latest version. This had the effect of no sound at all. Finally, I found this forum and by following the suggestion of James12345 I got my sound back again. As an additional step I also followed the procedure described here https://www.howtogeek.com/263851/how...cific-drivers/ to prevent this particular driver update in the future, sine I have Windows 10 Education version which has the group policy editor feature.

15. Re: Satellite P50-B 11L no sound from speakers and headphones
    Beginner
    Quote Originally Posted by James12345 View Post
    Syssys, perform the following iIf your issue is with sound not working after upgrading to Windows 10 or a Windows 10 update:

- Go to Device Manager and expand "Sound, video and game controllers"
    - Double-click Realtek High Definition Audio
    - Select the Driver tab and check driver version. If it's not 6.0.1.7173, go to Toshiba's web site and download Realtek Audio drivers version 6.0.1.7173
    - Install Relatek audio driver version 6.0.1.7173
    - Perform a full shutdown of Windows by holding down the Shift key and then clicking Shut Down
    - After the computer shuts down, unplug the power and perform a hard reset by inserting a paper clip into the little reset hole on the bottom of your laptop. Hold down the reset button for 3-4 seconds until you hear a "pop' from the speakers.
    - Power on the laptop and your sound should work
    It works James, thank u a lot bro

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12