Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Satellite P50-B 11L no sound from speakers and headphones

1. Satellite P50-B 11L no sound from speakers and headphones
    Hello guys!

Normally, I would not put such a question in a forum, as I am quite familiar with hardware, but there are unexplained situations.
    My laptop model in the title came with windows 8.1, is working with 10 without any problems.

Yesterday I decided to make the creators update. Alright, it did without stress, in spite of one or another problem of hardware configuration drivers it went okay,

Then i noticied that I have no sound, neither the speakers nor the jack. I hear a punctual click and when doing mute / unmute it always clicks on the speakers, it does only in the left column, on the right it does nothing.

After doing the creators update, I made manual update to most of the drivers that there were available. I've tried all kinds of drivers from realtek and toshiba, including those from msft.

Now the strangest thing is that I did a restore from a backup one month ago, where everything worked fine and the problem remains.
    I'm getting screwed because I can not find an explanation. The click on the speakers starts when windows is booting, in safe mode, being the sound service off no clicks are heard.

Even deleting the drivers and trying everyone and some more nothing works.
    Eventually, if the speakers are failing, there should be sound from the headphones jack.
    Has anyone had a similar experience you would like to share?

Thanks

2. Re: Satellite P50-B 11L no sound from speakers and headphones
    Beginner
    I've the same problem and i dont know what to do.

Please someone help us.

Thanks to everyone.

3. Re: Satellite P50-B 11L no sound from speakers and headphones
    Beginner
    Quote Originally Posted by PASPAS View Post
    I've the same problem and i dont know what to do.

Please someone help us.

Thanks to everyone.
    Hello

I've the same problem since february 2017 with Satellite P50t-B-113. I need some help.

4. Re: Satellite P50-B 11L no sound from speakers and headphones
    P50-B series not looking compatible win10 anniversary and creator update.
    But longer than one month I've used P50-B-117 without flaws with win8.1 to win10 upgrade and creators update(not clean install).Yesterday my device give bsod screen when booting then i lost all network connection capabilities(wifi,ethernet, even mobile phone usb/bluetooth tethering).It can be fixed easily a reset windows installation (different dates system backups and repair didnt resolve it).At the end no sound and optical drive only reading not writing.For sound issue, i tried everything in related google search result but nobody help me.

Last time i tried laptop backup recovery dvd(win 8.1 factory image) which is previously i've burned.Again no sound and optical drive only reading.I suspect an hardware failure.

5. Re: Satellite P50-B 11L no sound from speakers and headphones
    Beginner
    Hi, I am in the same solution as you, the sound worked perfectly on windows 10 with the 10 anniversary update, but I wanted to update the sound driver (Realtek) and now it is mute, there is no sound nor returning to the previous driver, You hear a "toc" on the speakers when you turn it on.

6. Re: Satellite P50-B 11L no sound from speakers and headphones
    So were you able to solve it?

I did by reinstalling old drivers, but after many reboots and on other hard drivers installed a fresh windows 10 and 8.1.
    My guess is that the latest driver with creators blows all into space.
    I donīt know if the codec has any firmware or not, but if it has it seems that the latest driver do something and then we have no sound.

Very very weird. From that time, i dinīt update to creators again... so scared

7. Re: Satellite P50-B 11L no sound from speakers and headphones
    Beginner
    Hi!

I have a Toshiba Satellite P50-B-10J.
    I updated some new drivers, then i restarted my pc but after that, so sound coming from speakers neither headphones but in the volume mixer, the green bar of audio is moving when I play music...

What's the solution?

8. Re: Satellite P50-B 11L no sound from speakers and headphones
    Beginner
    Hi guys.

I updated some new drivers, restarted my pc and then I had no sound coming from speakers neither headphones, but the green bar of audio is moving, so It detects the sound.
    I have a Toshiba Satellite P50-B-10J and I have the same problem, I only hear "toc" too.

What's the solution? Please help

9. Re: Satellite P50-B 11L no sound from speakers and headphones
    Beginner
    Have been 7 months without any sound. I installed the oldest Toshiba Realtek high definition audio driver: version 6.0.1.7173 date 11th february 2014. Everything is OK, DO NOT UPDATE AUDIO DRIVER.

10. Re: Satellite P50-B 11L no sound from speakers and headphones
    Quote Originally Posted by Timove View Post
    Have been 7 months without any sound. I installed the oldest Toshiba Realtek high definition audio driver: version 6.0.1.7173 date 11th february 2014. Everything is OK, DO NOT UPDATE AUDIO DRIVER.
    Yesterday I have been so stupid to do the windows 10 creators update..without any issues
    and thinking..wohoo lets see for outdated drivers..so i updated the realtekdrivers...no sound

tried a lot things, even this oldest driver...

i m not getting any sound any longer

Time for toshiba to tell us, if this is a software driver update killing our hardware...

11. Re: Satellite P50-B 11L no sound from speakers and headphones
    Hi,
    i have also been that stupid to install after latest windows 10 creators update, after all was working fine, also to upgrade the realtek driver to a recent one (2.82)
    result no sound

rolling back to old creators update, old drivers, nothing changes, even in linux i dont get sound

is my sound really physically broken by a try to update to most recent drivers?

seems i m not the only one

TOSHIBA please answer, i never have had such issues in 25 years of experience in it

12. Re: Satellite P50-B 11L no sound from speakers and headphones
    I used rescue System, and set my Laptop back to original Windows 8.1, from toshiba discs...

still no Sound

So the use of realtek 2.82 Driver killed the device....physically

13. Re: Satellite P50-B 11L no sound from speakers and headphones
    Even this Special Feature, which allows to Play Sound via Speaker, when the Laptop is shutdown and a cable is plugged in to microphone...does not work any longer

so how can all souind just broke in that Moment, the newest Driver from realtek gets installed...and kill all connectiions to the Speaker Subsystem...

seems to really be something in the bios/Flash modules...

but i cant rewrite the bios as it is up to date

14. Re: Satellite P50-B 11L no sound from speakers and headphones
    Beginner
    Hi,
    I too have exactly the same problem and drastically did a fresh install of windows 10, which did nothing except waste a tonne of my very precious time. I use the sound card in my job, so I am desperate for answers before next week starts!!

The pops make it sound like the hardware has been damaged...

15. Re: Satellite P50-B 11L no sound from speakers and headphones
    Beginner
    Please please please give us a fix for this!
    I need it for my work!

16. Re: Satellite P50-B 11L no sound from speakers and headphones
    Beginner
    Hi,
    My speakers and headphones output are DEAD!
    Just got intermittent popping out of right speaker.
    I have done a fresh install of Windows 10 after trying a system restore and other Realtek audio drivers - Nothing.
    I think an update from either Windows or Realtek has actually physically damaged the output or something, but how the hell can that happen?!

17. Re: Satellite P50-B 11L no sound from speakers and headphones
    Beginner
    I also update Windows and updated the realtek driver to version 2.82 and no sound after that, tried everything, go back to previous windows version, reverse the realtek drivers, nothing worked. I also installed the oldest Toshiba Realtek high definition audio driver version 6.0.1.7173 but nothing changed.

Then, in windows, I clicked the power icon, then pressed the shift key and choosed the option to restart and kept the shift key pressed until the recovery options screen is showed, choosed the option to shutdown the notebook. Then I inserted a clip on the hole at the bottom of the notebook and that did the trick, when I pressed the clip I heard a noise. After that I started the notebook as usual and this time the sound is working again.

18. Re: Satellite P50-B 11L no sound from speakers and headphones
    Beginner
    After doing a clean Windows 10 install on my P55t, I ran into the same issue everyone on this thread had...no sound. I tried everything...reinstalling the latest Realtek drivers, reinstalling Windows 8.1, reinstalling Windows 10, changing settings...but nothing worked. After 24 hours of failure, I found this thread and finally got my speakers working again. I initially tried the hard reset jmcm did with the latest Realtek drivers installed (v6.0.1.8186) but I still didn't have sound. I then installed older Realtek drivers (v6.0.1.7173) and then tried the hard reset and that solved my problem. After 24 hours of silence, my speakers work again. I was tempted to re-install the latest Realtek drivers and try the hard reset again but I decided not to. I'm happy with my speakers working again.

For those not familiar on how to perform a hard reset, here's the link to Toshiba's KB (Document ID 4004523)

https://support.toshiba.com/support/...tentId=4004523

To do the hard reset, I did a full shut down of Windows (Hold down the Shift key when you click on Shut down) After the computer shuts down, unplug the power and then use a paper clip to perform the hard reset. I inserted the paper clip into the reset hole and held down the reset button for about 3-4 seconds...that's when I heard a pop from the speakers. Plug the power cord back in and power the laptop back on.

Hope this works for you as well!!!

19. Re: Satellite P50-B 11L no sound from speakers and headphones
    Beginner
    Many thanks to James12345!!!!

Near 6 monts I've been with bluetoth headphones on my laptop because this problem. I chaneged sound drivers to original toshiba driver 6.0.1.7173 (form thier site) and did that hard reset. Now speakers work perfect.

Again many thanks James12345!!!!

20. Re: Satellite P50-B 11L no sound from speakers and headphones
    Quote Originally Posted by James12345 View Post
    After doing a clean Windows 10 install on my P55t, I ran into the same issue everyone on this thread had...no sound. I tried everything...reinstalling the latest Realtek drivers, reinstalling Windows 8.1, reinstalling Windows 10, changing settings...but nothing worked. After 24 hours of failure, I found this thread and finally got my speakers working again. I initially tried the hard reset jmcm did with the latest Realtek drivers installed (v6.0.1.8186) but I still didn't have sound. I then installed older Realtek drivers (v6.0.1.7173) and then tried the hard reset and that solved my problem. After 24 hours of silence, my speakers work again. I was tempted to re-install the latest Realtek drivers and try the hard reset again but I decided not to. I'm happy with my speakers working again.

For those not familiar on how to perform a hard reset, here's the link to Toshiba's KB (Document ID 4004523)

https://support.toshiba.com/support/...tentId=4004523

To do the hard reset, I did a full shut down of Windows (Hold down the Shift key when you click on Shut down) After the computer shuts down, unplug the power and then use a paper clip to perform the hard reset. I inserted the paper clip into the reset hole and held down the reset button for about 3-4 seconds...that's when I heard a pop from the speakers. Plug the power cord back in and power the laptop back on.

Hope this works for you as well!!!
    After my first message take my laptop toshiba services , even toshiba service cant give meaning this situation. hard reset trick worked on "anniversary update" they think it's a causalness.It'a a bit weird.

Now a fall creater update clean install and same problem and trick not worked.Machine have a deep noise its looking a general grounding problem.P50 series really needs a bios update for external periphals controller like keyboard,screen, speaker.

Under the memory cover there is a cmos(bios configuration) reset button when i use it a gave "rtc battery low alert", anyone issue this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast