Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: WT8-A-102 - Windows 10 - No boot menu

1. WT8-A-102 - Windows 10 - No boot menu
    Beginner
    I was trying to reset windows 10, but sometime during the procedure the screen went blank (slightly illuminated) for about an hour so I have been trying to get the boot menu to do a clean install from a usb, but volume + and power button together do not produce any boot menu!! Is this thing bricked?

2. Re: WT8-A-102 - Windows 10 - No boot menu
    It may be stuck in Suspend or Hibernation mode.
    Try resetting it by holding the power button down for 20 seconds.

3. Re: WT8-A-102 - Windows 10 - No boot menu
    Beginner
    Too late to try that. It's now in the shop. The clerk said it would have to be taken apart so they could do something to the motherboard. What screen do you get by holding the power button down for 20 seconds?

4. Re: WT8-A-102 - Windows 10 - No boot menu
    It does a reset, so if the unit was stuck in suspend mode, a reset will force a cold boot.

5. Re: WT8-A-102 - Windows 10 - No boot menu
    Beginner
    The shop was able to get windows going again, but did not say how. That was a while back, but just out of curiosity, I just tried getting a boot menu again, and I still can't. I tried holding down + volume and pushing the power button, which has worked in the past, and still nothing happens, same as before I took it to the shop. I also tried holding the power button down for 20 seconds, both with and without holding down the + volume rocker. When I do that without holding the volume rocker, it starts to start up, then shuts back down. If I do it while holding the volume rocker down, nothing happens. I can get into the setup utility through Windows settings, but there's not much that can be done there. I would like to be able to get into the regular boot menu, but mostly I'd like to get into something like an old-fashined bios so I can check the settings for function keys. I stlll have the Toshiba hotkeys drivers installed, but the associated utility is long gone. I have no interest in using hotkeys. Disabling them or not seems to have no effect, so I'd like to go ahead and uninstall them, but I wonder if they are related to not being able to get into the bios. Any ideas?