Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite C855 233 GPU problem

1. Satellite C855 233 GPU problem
    hi,
    I've a GPU problem with this Satellite C855 that mount a H000052630 mainboard.
    If I try to install video drivers (no matter about operating system or clean installation) that system hung up or crash.
    I tried different solutions as:
    change CPU
    change RAM
    BIOS update
    and final a GPU chipset reflow
    with any success.
    So I tried to search an identical mainboard but this exact model its almost impossibile to find to any seller.
    Could I looks for a H000050770 that mount the same Intel 988B Mobile chipset and has tha same exact form factor and ports of the H000052630?
    My cpu is a CPU is i5-3230M and honestly I don't see any other hardware not comatbile between the 2 mainboards.
    Thanks.

2. Re: Satellite C855 233 GPU problem
    Beginner
    Try looking at www.mendit.com if you're in the UK, or www.repairmytoshiba.ie if you're in ROI to buy a new motherboard.

Where are you getting the display driver's from?

3. Re: Satellite C855 233 GPU problem
    I tried original video drivers on Toshiba support page and also drivers on AMD support web page.

The weird thing is that at first boot the machine seems to work properly but if I reboot it it give always ERROR IN NONPAGED_AREA and I can't start the operating system again even if I try a fix or a restore point.

4. Re: Satellite C855 233 GPU problem
    Quote Originally Posted by shybear View Post
    I tried original video drivers on Toshiba support page and also drivers on AMD support web page.

The weird thing is that at first boot the machine seems to work properly but if I reboot it it give always ERROR IN NONPAGED_AREA and I can't start the operating system again even if I try a fix or a restore point.
    UPDATE
    Even if I'm almost sure that H000050770 would work actaully I don't want to risk tha t some hardware will not work with this board. (i.e. LCD display or WI FI..)
    I wanteed to try again a video chipest reflow cycle and next I improoved contact between heatsink and graphic chip core with a copper pad.

So far (still under test) machine seems to work.
    Actually it is working with 10 Home 64 bits (build 10240
    AMD Radeon HD 7500/7600 AMD drivers v.15.201.1151.1008 released on Nov. 205.

I checked about the ERROR IN NONPAGED_AREA but it seem not related to a GPU problem.
    Would it be possibile that SSD can cause this error? It is a Corsair Force LE 240GB