Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Which WLan keyboard works with Toshiba smart tv 32D3653DB

1. Which WLan keyboard works with Toshiba smart tv 32D3653DB
    Beginner
    Is there a keyboard that will work with this TV..?

2. Re: Which WLan keyboard works with Toshiba smart tv 32D3653DB
    Master
    There are no information available in the user manual about any possibility to use an 3rd part external keyboard in connection with this TV device.
    So i guess it’s simply not possible and you will need to stay with the virtual keyboard.

Here attached user manual
    32D3653DB.zip

3. Re: Which WLan keyboard works with Toshiba smart tv 32D3653DB
    Using the Toshiba app will give you the ability to use a keyboard. will have a built in keyboard in the app which will connect to the TV.

4. Re: Which WLan keyboard works with Toshiba smart tv 32D3653DB
    I have also requested from Toshiba advice on a suitable bluetooth keyboard for their smart TV {43U6663DB} but had no support or help.
    I have 2 other smart TV's by other manufacturers that work brilliantly with both a Belkin mini keyboard and Logitech DiNovo Edge bluetooth keyboard.

I can get neither of these keyboards can I get to work with the Toshiba TV.

Does anybody out there know how to get bluetooth keyboards operational with this TV and which keyboard is deemed compatible?

Cheers,
    W

5. Re: Which WLan keyboard works with Toshiba smart tv 32D3653DB
    Unfortunately you are unable to connect any bluetooth keyboards to the Toshiba TV. The bluetooth feature is only for with audio out.

6. Re: Which WLan keyboard works with Toshiba smart tv 32D3653DB
    Thanks Jacob. I have tried both an Air mouse remote and an Esync and both work to some degree successfully with their supplied dongle. Unfortunately many keys do not but the Toshiba remote allows cloning to universal learning remotes.
    I really can't understand the logic of Toshiba manufacturing smart TVs with Web browsing facilities but no means to link a keyboard. As many customers will confirm browsing and other text input facilities are simply pointless without a keyboard.

Come on Tosh get some software upgrades out to us for these not very smart smart TVs or its going back!

7. Re: Which WLan keyboard works with Toshiba smart tv 32D3653DB
    You are able to use the Toshiba smart app which has a keyboard built in which you are able to download to your smart phone.

8. Re: Which WLan keyboard works with Toshiba smart tv 32D3653DB
    I've looked for this Smart app but can't find it in the Android store. Could someone point to where it can be downloaded from please.
    Thanks

9. Re: Which WLan keyboard works with Toshiba smart tv 32D3653DB
    Hi, if you go to the Play store and type in Toshiba and then there should be a list of apps and one of these will be ''Toshiba Smart Remote'' by Cabot Communications Ltd and this is the one you will want to use.