Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Battery recall for Satellite P70-A

1. Battery recall for Satellite P70-A
    Beginner
    I have a battery that is in the list of recalls. I cannot find an online way of contacting Customer Support I am in Belgium but their site is in French or Dutch. Why is it soooo difficult to find a link to Customer Support? I am now concerned that my battery will start a fire and I want to use my laptop on battery power. Has anybody else had a replacement sent to them? How did you manage it?

2. Re: Battery recall for Satellite P70-A
    Quote Originally Posted by elainek View Post
    I have a battery that is in the list of recalls. I cannot find an online way of contacting Customer Support I am in Belgium but their site is in French or Dutch. Why is it soooo difficult to find a link to Customer Support? I am now concerned that my battery will start a fire and I want to use my laptop on battery power. Has anybody else had a replacement sent to them? How did you manage it?
    I have the same issue, the AI is just annoying. when you run the test it gives you a link to arrange replacement which jus takes you back to the same place you have just visited to get the test application.

3. Re: Battery recall for Satellite P70-A
    Beginner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bl3w View Post
    I have the same issue, the AI is just annoying. when you run the test it gives you a link to arrange replacement which jus takes you back to the same place you have just visited to get the test application.
    Yes, it is ridiculous. I hope someone here is able to help with this, I am suspicious that the situation is being ignored. I have contacted Toshiba by email here in Belgium and they only pointed me to the same procedure to identify the problem. I have the problem send me a replacement! I have given them all the info they need seems like they are also ignoring the problem. Perhaps a solicitor has the same problem and will start a class action.

4. Re: Battery recall for Satellite P70-A
    Beginner
    My P70-A-11N.

After downloading and executing the TOSHIBA support programs for account check, I was entitled for a battery exchange.

After 3 days I received via DHL a new battery from JQOR Global Services Poland (Bydgoszcs).

I changed the battery and charged it to 100%. After that I ran “TOSHIBA PC Health Monitor” and I was surprised to see that it had a low capacity indication (Color code brown which means BAD!!!). As a result I receive the warning to replace the battery.

I immediately sent an email to info@toshiba.nl [14-Mar-2017] for a reaction. Until today [19-Mar-2017] I haven’t received any reaction.

My question is if anybody else had a similar experience after receiving a replacement of their battery, if they contacted the service desk of TOSHIBA and how long it took before they received a response?