Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite Z930-130 battery does not charge after replacement

1. Satellite Z930-130 battery does not charge after replacement
    Beginner
    Windows 10 latest update installiert.
    Ultrabook Toshiba Satellite Z930-130 (4-5 years old)
    new OEM battery replaced the old one.
    but it is not charging.

reinstalled old battery: not charging.

followed the recommendation in internet:
    take out the
    battery de-install the battery driver
    built in battery
    restart.

both with old and new battery.

both are not charging anymore. (old battery had before at least a runtime of 30-60 min)
    now nothing......

I have seen that in the same time new updates have been installed. (14 Jan and later)

any idea what I can do? de-install the updates?

thanks in advance for your help

2. Re: Satellite Z930-130 battery does not charge after replacement
    I'm having the same issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

3. Re: Satellite Z930-130 battery does not charge after replacement
    I'm having the same issue! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

4. Re: Satellite Z930-130 battery does not charge after replacement
    Beginner
    Hi. Exactly the same thing happened to me. I bought a new battery. It would NOT charge. I could not make it charge.

The old battery would last for 30 min but it would charge. I put the old battery back in. Now the old battery won't charge.

I have tried so many things as you did. Now, neither new battery or old battery will charge.

Sorry, but it has nothing to do with updates. This happens outside Windows. Something is wrong with the laptop itself that prevents charging.

5. Re: Satellite Z930-130 battery does not charge after replacement
    Beginner
    where did you get your battery from? is that from a Toshiba retailer? indeed what I read somewhere is that battery have some logic inside which the processor ask about so it knows how to charge it so depending from where the battery comes from this may be a problem.

6. Re: Satellite Z930-130 battery does not charge after replacement
    Hello,

I got almost the same problem,
    anyone ever got a fix for this ?

old battery worked, but not for long and windows was saying to "consider replacing the battery"

put in a new battery, wont charge,

actualy here it say's it is charged however it is not, and if you let it drain, than connect charger, it will start charging but than the laptop completely shuts off with the AC led blinking amber.

if I put in the old battery again (the one that still worked but not long) it has the EXACT behavior now

I also tried a new power supply nothing helps, laptop works fine on AC power if I dont put a battery in.

anyone got this fixed ? seems a problem with this model of laptop after a battery replacement.

If there is some electronic component on the mainboard that is prone to die on the mainboard please let us know, we have our own repair shop,

thank you,

Hans

7. Re: Satellite Z930-130 battery does not charge after replacement
    Hi,

I am having the exact same problem. I replaced my old battery and now none of them will charge (the battery light goes almost directly to green and battery icon shows either 'Fully charged (100%)' or '0% battery empty (plugged in, not chargin)').

Did anyone get to solve this problem?

I've tried reinstalling the driver MS-ACPI driver and updating the BIOS but without success...

Thanks!