Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite L70-c-12M - Cannot access BIOS

1. Satellite L70-c-12M - Cannot access BIOS
    Hello everyone,

My hard drive just broke down, so I replaced it with a new one and I just want to access the BIOS in order to set the boot on CD/DVD-rom to install windows on my new hard drive. But I hit everything and cannot access to BIOS.

Does anyone know how to do it ?

Regards,

Unic0

2. Re: Satellite L70-c-12M - Cannot access BIOS
    Beginner
    HI,
    As soon as TOSHIBA LOGO appears press F2 you'll enter the BIOS

3. Re: Satellite L70-c-12M - Cannot access BIOS
    Thank you for your answer !

I've been trying but I got is no booting device (Is the time frame really short ?). I noticed that F2 is a 'Fn' activated key should I press them both ?

Regards

4. Re: Satellite L70-c-12M - Cannot access BIOS
    Beginner
    Try tapping F2 just after pressing the power button. If it doesn't work you can try remove unplug charger and remove the battery then hold power button for about 30 seconds then reinsert the battery and try accessing the bios using F2... you only need to use F2 button no fn+F2

5. Re: Satellite L70-c-12M - Cannot access BIOS
    Thanks again ! I've been trying what you said but nothing works. I removed charger plug and battery then hold the power button for 30 sec (what exactly happens during this time ?) Then I try to press F2 (and only F2) as soon as possible after hitting power button or after toshiba logo I tried holding it pressing it almost continuously or just one hit nothing works so far :/

Is it like "frame perfect" or something ?

6. Re: Satellite L70-c-12M - Cannot access BIOS
    I've been trying over and over but nothing comes out... it's like you can't access the bios... How can it be ppossible ? Is it a marketing thing to buy a whole new computer when your hard drive fails ? How can it be so ddifficult to simply get into the bios ?

7. Re: Satellite L70-c-12M - Cannot access BIOS
    Beginner
    Hi, if your HDD is empty the laptop sould boot from the CD or USB.
    But if dosen't boot remove the HDD and the Optical drive and try again , I had the same problem with a laptop

8. Re: Satellite L70-c-12M - Cannot access BIOS
    Hello ! I finally got the solution by opening completely the laptop and unplug the CMOS battery (which lead to a 'reboot of the bios') and then I could directly access to the bios and REMOVE the UEFI option (in 'advanced options') then the laptop could start again properly on the HDD.

The problem came from the new installation that I made. It was without "UEFI" which causes problem when the computer wanted to load the OS on the HDD. Apparently you can set-up a USB key with 'UEFI' option to make it works properly.

I hope this will help someone !

Cheers !