Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: HDMI port not working on Toshiba Tecra R950 laptop after Windows 10 upgrade

1. HDMI port not working on Toshiba Tecra R950 laptop after Windows 10 upgrade
    Beginner
    Hi,

I have a Toshiba Tecra R950 laptop and my HDMI port stopped working after a Windows 10 update. I have tested the cable on another laptop and it still works fine. I have read a lot of posts on Microsoft forums and this seems to be a very common problem without a straightforward solution. I'm not brave enough to roll back updates, uninstall display drivers or fiddle with graphics cards as is suggested by various forum participants. Customers suggest that manufacturers such as Toshiba may be able to liaise with Microsoft to find a solution for what seems to be a significant ongoing issue. So here I am.

If anybody does have a fix for this problem, I would be delighted to here from you.
    Mazza

2. Re: HDMI port not working on Toshiba Tecra R950 laptop after Windows 10 upgrade
    HDMI doesnt work with the standard WDDM Microsoft display driver.

You need to install the Intel Display Driver from www.intel.com