Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite C660-1EH - LCD screen black

1. Satellite C660-1EH - LCD screen black
    Beginner
    Hello all,

Yesterday all of a sudden, the laptop screen went blank. Upon turning it on several times, the screen still doesn't turn on. By connecting the monitor to a external monitor via VGA (my TV), the TV does show up the screen, but has several flickering horizontal lines showing, thus obscuring part of the screen (http://i.imgur.com/83RO8xg.jpg - ignore the windows behind, I was testing the sound - and it works).

I have tried several solutions on the web (like removing the battery and AC cable and pressing the power button, and interchanging the RAM card in the slots), and not surprisingly, nothing worked as I think my problem is not similar. Windows 10 just boots to a blue screen with a sad face and a QR code (I don't even know...), while Linux Mint does boot and gives a message of "running without hardware acceleration". I couldn't get any diagnosis on Linux to check if it's a problem on the graphic card or the motherboard, so I am turning to these forums to check if anyone had any similar problem.

Thank you.

2. Re: Satellite C660-1EH - LCD screen black
    Beginner
    I have a similar problem where the screen is blank but the PC works fine on a external screen have you had any responses to the issue. My PC is only 2 year old and has only been used a few times in each week.