Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite Click Mini - something wrong with system

1. Satellite Click Mini - something wrong with system
    Beginner
    No idea how to even clarify what is wrong with this system. Here goes:

About to go to bed. Set it up to reboot (a common practice every two/three month). All plugged in. Single screen disconnected from the keyboard and laid out on the floor, all connections fine, all rebooting at 21% when I go to bed.

Since then, nothing. Laptop does not switch on at all. Plug in a charger and all I see is the occasional screen flash telling me that both batteries have absolutely no charge in them whatsoever. Repeatedly kept charges in for two/three/four days at a time. Nothing but the occasional screen flash.

Almost as if there is nothing to load up, nothing to charge. Something happened whilst this was rebooting. I am completely exasperated as to what though. My only guess, a completely uneducated one at that, is that for whatever reason, it stopped rebooting. Essentially leaving the laptop empty.

Any ideas, anyone? Little bit broken up by this, to be honest...

Thanks for any responses.

2. Re: Satellite Click Mini - something wrong with system
    Do you mean Reset rather than reboot? A reboot is just a restart of the machine.

3. Re: Satellite Click Mini - something wrong with system
    Beginner
    Aye. Forgive my lack of appropriate terminology. Reset., back to factory settings. Like I said, a common practice (albeit the first time on this system).

(Tried to post an image. Even that appears to be too confusing for me. Simply, it was just of both batteries dead and remaining so, no matter how long I keep it on charge for.)

Thanks for the reply.

4. Re: Satellite Click Mini - something wrong with system
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ M View Post
    Aye. Forgive my lack of appropriate terminology. Reset., back to factory settings. Like I said, a common practice (albeit the first time on this system).

(Tried to post an image. Even that appears to be too confusing for me. Simply, it was just of both batteries dead and remaining so, no matter how long I keep it on charge for.)

Thanks for the reply.
    First off, check the actual charger and cable is working. Try charging something else with it like a phone, and try charging the laptop with a different charger.

There is a method to open up the case and reset the battery, someone on here has done it - the case opening is simple and the battery is easily disconnected but that might not be something you wish to do, especially if its still under warranty.

It is possible that windows is booting to a black screen, your reset has failed somehow. If you press 'FN' + 'N', (F12) during boot or hold down the power button + volume up when the machine is off you should eventually see a gray screen with set-up options on it? Try doing a clean install of Windows 10 from a USB flash drive WARNING though, you need to have a micro USB -B to USB-A adapter or micro-USB flash drive and plug a mouse or keyboard into the keyboard dock USB port. The windows setup has no drivers for the dock keyboard, touchpad or touch screen.