Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Libretto W100 Windows 10 - Full functionality via 3rd party apps (instruction)

1. Libretto W100 Windows 10 - Full functionality via 3rd party apps (instruction)
    Beginner
    I was recently hunting for a UMPC to buy, and happened across a W100 on EBAY and after a short google I purchased it right away!

Its an incredible device, but Windows 7 really brought it down. It was sluggish, unwieldy and honestly not too usable.

Windows 10 however is worlds apart when it comes to touch friendliness! Combine that with Toshiba awesome idea of the full screen keyboard and a virtual trackpad and the W100 a surprisingly usable full blown laptop. Win10 runs miles better than Win7 does, and things like touch scrolling, zooming and panning is done via texturing (like the iPad) so its smooth as!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLWvmohEuz4

Working
    Windows 10 Home Edition
    Dual Multi-Touch Screens
    Touch Screen Keyboard (3rd Party)
    Touch Screen Touchpad (3rd Party)
    Physical Key Shortcuts (via scripts)
    Toshiba Eco
    Toshiba Flashcards
    Toshiba Reeltime
    Toshiba Face Recognition
    Toshiba Sync Utility
    Toshiba Multimedia Controller
    Web Camera + Application

NOT Working
    G-Sensor (displays can still be rotated manually)
    Haptic Feedback (technically it works, but only with the Libretto Software, which does not work)
    Libretto Software (Unfortunately unstable and/or unreliable on Windows 10)

The process is relatively easy, just long-winded! That being said, I take no responsibility should you follow this and it goes wrong!

Windows 10 Upgrade
    Requirements :
    Libretto W100/W105 running the Windows 7 build with all the software and drivers installed.
    Latest BIOS update
    External Keyboard / Mouse
    Download This Driver

1. Update to SP1 and install the new updates available via Toshiba Service Manager
    2. With SP1 installed, you will become eligible for the free Windows 10 Upgrade. Use this to upgrade your OS.
    3. Complete the Windows 10 Upgrade steps (I have tested it, and reverting back from this works!)
    4. Install the above driver. Accept warning about it being old and reboot.
    5. Click Start, type "control panel" without quotes and open the Control Panel
    6. Open Tablet PC Settings
    7. Click Setup. Touch the highlighted screen and press ENTER. Touch the second screen and press ENTER.
    8. Click Reset under 1.Toshiba internal 1024x600 panel
    9. Select 2.Toshiba internal 1024x600 panel
    10. Click Reset
    11. Select 1.Toshiba internal 1024x600 panel
    12. Click Calibrate and complete.
    13. Select 2.Toshiba internal 1024x600 panel
    14. Click Calibrate and complete.
    15. Close the Tablet PC Settings window and return to the Control Panel
    16. Open Programs and Features
    17. Uninstall Libretto Software (Keyboard/touchpad. They do not function properly/at all in win10)
    18. Uninstall Toshiba Bulletin Board (Crashes constantly)
    19. Uninstall Toshiba Bulletin Board Customization (useless without above)
    20. Uninstall XT9 Smart Input (Does not work with other keyboards)

You should now have a fully functioning Windows 10 with both touch screens workings as expected. The windows touch keyboard will show when you need one, but its way too small to be practical. Enter Comfort Keyboard. Its like the keyboard idea Toshiba came up with on steroids!
    I would recommend you start by getting it setup how I have it, to ensure it functions with the OS properly, and then customise from there!
    *Due to post size restrictions, these will be multi-post instructions

2. Re: W100 + Windows 10 - Full functionality via 3rd party apps (instructions incl)
    Beginner
    Touch Screen Keyboard

1. Download Comfort Keyboard and install it. I fully endorse purchasing this (I did) its the ultimate W100 keyboard! (Free Trial is available)
    2. On the Greetings page, Tick all options and click Next
    3. Select "MiniUnispaced" type and whatever style you like
    4. Tick only "Show labels and icons..." and click Next
    5. Tick only "Use Gestures" and "Fit Width" and click Finish
    6. Right click on the new Keyboard icon on the Taskbar and choose Options. Move the window to the TOP screen
    7. Under Main Properties ensure everything is ticked
    8. Under Keyboard Shortcuts set Visibility to CTRL+ALT+CAPS
    9. Under Keyboard Shortcuts set Next Keyboard to CTRL+ALT+TAB
    10. Click Set The List of Keyboards. Click Uncheck all.
    11. Tick "MiniUnispaced" then "StandardBigAlpha" then "Standard" then "TwoSides2" and click OK
    12. Under On-Screen Keyboard ensure everything is unticked
    13. Click Advanced... then click Extended on the new window
    14. Tick only "Check any application as a web...", "Don't Move the on-screen keyboard..." and "Prevent the mouse cursor..." and click OK
    15. Press the keyboard button on the taskbar. Make sure the keyboard shows up on the bottom screen. If not: open notepad (or anything with a text cursor) on the bottom screen and press the keyboard icon again
    16. Hide the Keyboard by pressing the icon again and return to the options window
    17. Under Position tick only "Lock". This will ensure the keyboard only ever comes up on the bottom screen, and never the top!
    18. Under Zoom ensure "Fit Width" and "Fit Height" are ticked with everything else unticked
    19. Click Save
    20. Click the Keyboard icon to show the keyboard
    21. Under Theme set Background Transparency to Opaque, then use the Common Transparency slider to make the keyboard to your liking. Feel free to play with other settings here.

The keyboard is now setup and should be working much like the Toshiba one did. The final step is to bind it to the Keyboard Button!
    For this to work, you need to create a VBS script to send the shortcuts the program uses.
    1. Open Notepad, and put this :

Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
      WshShell.SendKeys "^%{CAPSLOCK}"

2. Save it to C:\TOSHIBA\ (or any location you won't accidentally delete/remove it from!)
    3. Change SaveAs type to "All" and call it "Show Touch Keyboard.vbs"
    4. Keep it open and modify it to look like this :

Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
      WshShell.SendKeys "^%{TAB}"

5. Save As to the same place, change SaveAs type to "All" and call it "Switch Touch Keyboard.vbs"
    6. Close Notepad
    7. Click start and type "button". Open the Toshiba Button Support program.
    8. Select KB Button(Single Click) and choose Browse. Select the "Show Touch Keyboard.vbs"
    9. Click Register. The program will close, so you will need to re-open it.
    10. Select KB Button(Double Click) and choose Browse. Select "Switch Touch Keyboard.vbs"
    11. Click Register

The keyboard button should now function correctly!

3. Re: W100 + Windows 10 - Full functionality via 3rd party apps (instructions incl)
    Beginner
    On Screen TrackPad

You will need to sign up/login to the Windows Store in order to get this app, so do this now if you did not login to windows with a Microsoft Account.

1. Open the Windows Store and search for "Tablet Pro". Download this app
    2. Open Tablet Pro, and follow the instructions to download the "Desktop Component"
    3. Run the Desktop Component and install it using the default options.
    4. Right Click on the new Mouse icon on the Taskbar and choose Settings...
    5. Under "Full Screen Mode" tick Exclude Taskbar. This allows you to use the taskbar even when its on screen (with touch) so you can close it again with the icon.
    6. Set Opacity to 50%, Auto Hide ON and disable toggle ON
    7. Set Layout of full screen to "with L/R and wheel area"
    8. Choose Cursor and until all 3 effects. Unfortunately they only work on one screen
    9. Set Pointer Speed Fullscreen to 50%. being so big this is not an issue!
    10. Choose Settings (Gear icon) and tick "Auto Restore Taskbar Icon. Feel free to choose one of the icon types to your liking
    11. Under "Mode" Choose "Full Screen" and "Keep Enable"
    12. Choose "Monitor 1 (Main)"
    13. Click OK

And there you have it! A fully functioning, multi-touch capable trackpad with left/right buttons and a scroll bar!
    With it using the entire screen, and totally transparent its so much better than the opaque one that came with it.

4. Re: W100 + Windows 10 - Full functionality via 3rd party apps (instructions incl)
    Beginner
    Windows Customization

Right now you have a fully functional Libretto W100 that is completely usable and you could stop here. But why stop! Next up I will cover some optional changes and applications to install onto the W100 to increase Windows Usability and add more functionality back

Window Controls

These instructions will add two buttons to open windows (and metro apps) that allow you to move the window between screens, or span across both, like the Toshiba software.

1. Download UltraMon and run it.
    2. Install all Components (should be all selected by default) and click Next
    3. Right Click on the new Notification Icon and choose Options
    4. Under General choose "Proportional" Resize mode, and tick "Take taskbars into account..."
    5. Under Taskbar Extensions untick "Enable Secondary Taskbar" as its not required for the top screen
    6. Under Buttons And Menu Commands, tick all except "Don't add custom buttons to dialogs and message boxes"
    7. Set Custom Spacing to 100 Pixels
    8. Click OK to save these settings.

Touch Friendly Task Bar

These instructions will increase the size of taskbar icons, make the desktop button usable and increase the usable space for applications

1. Download 7+ Taskbar Tweaker and run it
    2. Install "Standard" choose "run Taskbar Tweaker" and "Run Taskbar tweaker on startup"
    3. Right Click on the new Notification Icon and choose "Advanced Options
    4. Set "Fix_hang_reposition" to 1, "no_start_btn_spacing" to 1, "Show_desktop_button_size" to 50 and "W10_large_icons" to 1
    5. Click OK to save and close options.

Stop Windows 10 Spying on you

These instructions show you how to reduce the amount of data Microsoft collects about you when you use the OS.
    Do not take this as me saying what Microsoft is doing is bad. But many people prefer a higher level of privacy, and this stuff can be hard to disable!

1. Download Anti-Beacon and install it. I recommend using the full installer, rather than the portable version, as this will ensure your choices are enforced each boot!
    2. Run Anti-Beacon and "Immunize" all on the first page
    3. Under "Optional" apply "Telemetry Hosts"
    4. Click Close to complete

Screen Rotation

The Accelerometer does not work in Windows 10 (even with Libretto Software installed, Win10 cannot see the sensor). But screen rotation is still fully supported. This means that while it cannot auto rotate, it can be done via the Display Settings screen. This is very unweildy and time-consuming to switch, so instead we will use a small application to automate the process

1. Download Display Changer II
    2. Extract DC2X86.EXE to c:\TOSHIBA\
    3. Download the attachment to this post.W100_Shortcuts_n_Scripts_v1.zip. This includes all the scripts and shortcuts you need (including the ones for steps above)
    4. Extract the whole lot to C:\TOSHIBA\
    5. Open File Explorer and navigate to C:\TOSHIBA\
    6. Right click on bookmode.bat and choose Send To -> Desktop (Create Shortcut)
    7. Do the same for lapmode.bat
    8. Go back to your Desktop and find the two new shortcuts. Rename them to a more friendly "Laptop Mode" and "Book Mode"
    9. Right click each one at a time and choose Properties. Then click "Change Icon"
    10. Accept the message about there being no icons, and it will show a default selection. Scroll to the right and find these icons and set them :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	imageexample.png 
Views:	28 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	523

5. Re: W100 + Windows 10 - Full functionality via 3rd party apps (instructions incl)
    Beginner
    Windows Customisation (Continued)

Home Button

Next up is to configure the Home Button so it does something! We will set one press to open the start menu, and double press to bring up the touchpad.

1. Click Start, type "button" without quotes and open the Toshiba Button Support
    2. Choose "Home Button (Single Click)", select Browse and choose C:\TOSHIBA\Show Start Menu.vbs
    3. Click Register. This will close the application, and we still need it, so open it again
    4. Choose "Home Button (Double Click)", select Browse and choose C:\TOSHIBA\Show Touchpad.lnk
    5. Click Register

Toshiba Flash Cards

This is a handy application that gives you quick access to Screen Brightness, Sleep mode, WIFI and Bluetooth. It should already be installed so will just pin it to the taskbar to make it usable

1. Click Start, type "flash cards" without quotes
    2. Right click on Toshiba Flash Cards. Choose More -> Pin to Taskbar

Start Menu Customization

The final step is to make the Start Menu use the "tablet" mode (which is unfortunately not supported on the W100 because of its dual monitors).

1. Click Start and type "settings" without quotes and choose the settings application
    2. Select "Personalization" and then choose Start from the left menu
    3. Turn on "Show more tiles" "use start fullscreen" and Show recently opened items in Jump lists"
    4. You will probably want to turn off "Occasionally Show suggesstions" as this puts adds in your start menu

Name:	imageexample2.png 
Views:	20 
Size:	1.86 MB 
ID:	524

You should spend some time going through each window in settings and personalizing the stuff in there, its all pretty straight forward!

And that is it! Your W100 should now be fully functional and running really stable and quick!

Metro, or Universal applications run extremely well on the W100 and work great with multiple screens. Especially E-Readers, which work perfectly in Book Mode!

Name:	imageexample3.png 
Views:	21 
Size:	327.8 KB 
ID:	525

That black line is EXACTLY on the split of the two LCD screens. You cant see it on the device!

6. Re: W100 + Windows 10 - Full functionality via 3rd party apps (instructions incl)
    Beginner
    Caveats and Limitations

Now unfortunately there are a few limitations brought in by the work arounds required to get the 3rd party apps to work. They are not deal-breakers of any sort, but it is good to be aware of them!

• Physical Keyboard and Home button do not work if a UAC elevated application is currently being used. Use the taskbar icons instead.
    • No Comfort Keyboard on Login. The keyboard button does not work on the login screen, and the taskbar is hidden, which means you cannot open the Comfort Keyboard. In a pinch, press the Accessiblity icon and use the "on screen keyboard" built into windows its really small but usable. Alternatively setup a picture password in Settings.
    • Physical Keyboard and Home button can have a delayed reaction as they run a program. If the machine is under heavy load, the buttons may take a few seconds to do anything. this is unavoidable unfortunately.

If you know of any other tips/tweaks or apps to further improve the W100, please post them here!

7. Re: Libretto W100 Windows 10 - Full functionality via 3rd party apps (instruction)
    Beginner
    Great post, just what I needed after upgrading my W100 to Windows 10 (have had it since new in 2010, but was retired as I have an ASUS Windows 10 slate).

Problem at step 7 activating touch on BOTH screens. Top panel (screen 1) works OK, but not 2.

Also, how did you press ENTER to go to the next step? Presumably with an external keyboard, which I also used. Cannot get second screen to activate touch, so is useless for a keyboard. Have downloaded Comfort Keyboard as suggested - great app.

Did you get Lite or Full version?

8. Re: Libretto W100 Windows 10 - Full functionality via 3rd party apps (instruction)
    Beginner
    I had this problem on my first attempt to upgrade to Windows 10, where the bottom screen would not accept / activate on touch.
    At one point I am pretty sure windows was seeing the bottom LCD as an actual touch pad device, that was up-side down! I could not work out how to correct this but the following resolved it (from memory)

You can try the following at your own risk :

Go into Device Manager and uninstall (don't actually remove the drivers, just remove the device from your computer) :
    Both Touch Screen Human Interface Devices
    Both Toshiba Display Panel's
    One or more will likely ask you if you want to restart, choose no until you remove the last of the 4.
    If the last one does not ask to reboot, do so anyway.

When windows restarts, it will detect and reinstall these 4.
    After this, try calibrating (it did not work for me at this stage, but worth trying)

If its still not working, head back into Device Manager
    Check to insure both screens are listed as Toshiba internal 1024x600 panel's. Manually select this driver if they are not and reboot
    (re)Install the driver in the very first post and try calibrating again.

Calibrating Note : Always do a full calibration. That is, repeat steps 5-15 under "Windows 10 Upgrade" in post 1

I would highly recommend having both an external keyboard and mouse for your upgrade process just for ease.

I downloaded the trial version of comfort keyboard first (and a few others) and applied it in its basic sense, replacing the functionality of the original. Once I knew it worked, I purchased it for complete functionality. Well worth it IMO

Most of these are trial based software that will unfortunately run out, or but you alot. Further searching may yield a freeware alternative but I am always willing to pay a reasonable price for useful software, so I stopped when I found ones that did the job well!

If you have an external drive free, I highly recommend, once you have it working, to create a full image of your install using windows restore. Windows Restore is handy to use simply because your computer's boot partition can load that image without any additional software, or an internet connection.

9. Re: Libretto W100 Windows 10 - Full functionality via 3rd party apps (instruction)
    Beginner
    Thanks for the quick reply. After my post, BOTH screens became active to touch (I think after a re-boot).

My display properties were automatically set to 1024x600 after the Win 10 upgrade.

Comfort keyboard is great, and I will purchase. I agree, I am always happy to pay for useful software. Working well with Toshiba buttons as per your instructions.

Next step is the touchpad software, then final tidy up, then image to external drive.

Thanks again. Put some more life in one of (many) favourite computers. I bought my Libretto new in 2010, and carried it around Europe in 2011 on a motorcycle trip. Great little traveling companion (except for the large power pack).

10. Re: Libretto W100 Windows 10 - Full functionality via 3rd party apps (instruction)
    Beginner
    This is helpful. Windows 8 already good. Windows 10 is awesome. May I ask which software for Keyboard and Home button?

11. Re: Libretto W100 Windows 10 - Full functionality via 3rd party apps (instruction)
    Beginner
    Hi There

Thought I'd drop a reply and a thank you for this brilliant guide on the Libretto W100 and Windows 10. I've been using Arch Linux with KDE Plasma 5 on it up until recently but found that it was tricky to get the toshiba_acpi button setup and kinda left it as a half finished project. I decided to get my libretto back out of the drawer and use it again. (My old laptop died really and I needed something backup for out and about).

Just a quick thing on those scripts, I tried using your configs for screen rotation with display changer II and found I was getting a wrong "info-path error". Just for anyone else wondering, I made a new script myself with display changer (dc2x86 -create="config.xml" and found that the monitor adapterLow setting was different.

Also I prefer having the main window set as the top display, (just my personal preference really) having so I've found the comfort keyboard actually shows up on the bottom display at login.

Again awesome guide, Thanks heaps for this!

12. Re: Libretto W100 Windows 10 - Full functionality via 3rd party apps (instruction)
    Beginner
    got the same path error. can I have a copy of your script thanks

13. Re: Libretto W100 Windows 10 - Full functionality via 3rd party apps (instruction)
    Beginner
    need help on svript. can I have s working scrkpt please.

14. Re: Libretto W100 Windows 10 - Full functionality via 3rd party apps (instruction)
    Beginner
    Hello templargfx and all,

Thanks to your upgrade to Windows 10 procedure, I managed to follow it and upgrade my Libretto W100 on Windows 10 this month!
    My Libretto W100 which was forgotten in a corner since I luckily found your post because I was wondering if installing Windows 10 on such a specific device would be possible to offer it a second life. And this was! :-) Now its battery is dead but anyway, this was interesting to follow and succeed!

To manage it, I had to find that kind offer from Microsoft extending the free availability of Windows 10 during the month of January 2018, using their Windows Media Creation Tool. Windows 7 GWX was not available anymore.

Then I also changed a couple of things compared with templargfx's procedure finding another Display utility far more easy to use and also finding the Windows Visual Keyboard completely useful. I paste this procedure slightly changed here in case it would be still useful for anyone with a Libretto W100 UNDEAD! ;o)

15. Libretto W100 Windows 10 - Full functionality via 3rd party apps (alternate instruct)
    Beginner
    Instruction

The Libretto W100 is an incredible device, but Windows 7 really brought it down. It was sluggish, unwieldy and honestly not too usable.

Windows 10 however is worlds apart when it comes to touch friendliness! Combine that with Toshiba awesome idea of the full screen keyboard and a virtual trackpad and the W100 a surprisingly usable full blown laptop. Win10 runs miles better than Win7 does, and things like touch scrolling, zooming and panning is done via texturing (like the iPad) so its smooth as!

Working
    Windows 10 Home Edition
    Dual Multi-Touch Screens
    Touch Screen Keyboard (3rd Party)
    Touch Screen Touchpad (3rd Party)
    Physical Key Shortcuts (via scripts)
    Toshiba Eco
    Toshiba Flashcards
    Toshiba Reeltime
    Toshiba Face Recognition
    Toshiba Sync Utility
    Toshiba Multimedia Controller
    Web Camera + Application

NOT Working
    G-Sensor (displays can still be rotated manually)
    Haptic Feedback (technically it works, but only with the Libretto Software, which does not work)
    Libretto Software (Unfortunately unstable and/or unreliable on Windows 10)

The process is relatively easy, just long-winded! That being said, I take no responsibility should you follow this and it goes wrong!

Windows 10 Upgrade
    Requirements :
    Libretto W100/W105 running the Windows 7 build with all the software and drivers installed.
    Latest BIOS update (v1.30)
    Find Toshiba Libretto W100 Drivers on https://support.toshiba.com/support/...013546&osId=29
    Take Windows 7 32-bit drivers only and stay with a 32-bit Operating System as the Libretto W100 has only 2 GB of RAM. Going to 64-bit would not help and raise driverís issues.
    External Keyboard and Mouse
    Download This Driver

1. Find a way to access to Windows 10 installation, using Windows Media Creation Tool
    2. Complete the Windows 10 Upgrade steps
    3. Install the above driver. Accept warning about it being old and reboot.
    4. Click Start, type "control panel" without quotes and open the classical Control Panel
    5. Open Tablet PC Settings /!\ before starting make sure to have a physical keyboard connected in order to press ENTER (as using Windows visual keyboard does not work for the second display)
    6. Click Setup. Touch the highlighted screen and press ENTER. Touch the second screen and press ENTER.
    7. Click Reset under 1.Toshiba internal 1024x600 panel
    8. Select 2.Toshiba internal 1024x600 panel
    9. Click Reset
    10. Select 1.Toshiba internal 1024x600 panel
    11. Click Calibrate and complete.
    12. Select 2.Toshiba internal 1024x600 panel
    13. Click Calibrate and complete.
    14. Close the Tablet PC Settings window and return to the Control Panel
    15. Open Programs and Features
    16. Uninstall Libretto Software (Keyboard/touchpad. They do not function properly/at all in win10)
    17. Uninstall Toshiba Bulletin Board (Crashes constantly)
    18. Uninstall Toshiba Bulletin Board Customization (useless without above)
    19. Uninstall XT9 Smart Input (Does not work with other keyboards)

You should now have a fully functioning Windows 10 with both touch screens workings as expected. The Windows touch keyboard will show when you need one, but you may find it too small to be practical. Enter Comfort Keyboard. Choose your favorite option here. I would recommend you start by getting it setup how I have it, to ensure it functions with the OS properly, and then customise from there!

16. Re: Libretto W100 Windows 10 - Full functionality via 3rd party apps (instruction)
    Beginner
    Touch Screen Keyboard
    You can use Windows 10 included Visual Keyboard and make Taskbak Touch Keyboard button appearing by right clicking on an empty space of the Taskbar
    Assign to Keyboard Button

Next up is to configure the Keyboard Button so it does something! We will set one press to open the start menu, and double press to bring up the touchpad.
    1. Click Start, type "button" without quotes and open the Toshiba Button Support
    2. Choose "Keyboard Button (Single Click)", enter target : %windir%\system32\osk.exe
    3. Click Register. This will close the application

On Screen TrackPad

You can you can download the Desktop installer of Tablet Pro which includes TouchMousePointer at http://www.lovesummertrue.com/touchm...-us/index.html
    Or you can find Tablet Pro app on Windows Store. You will need to sign up/login to the Windows with a Microsoft Account.
    1. Open the Windows Store and search for "Tablet Pro". Download this app
    2. Open Tablet Pro, and follow the instructions to download the "Desktop Component"
    3. Run the Desktop Component and install it using the default options.
    4. Right Click on the new Mouse icon on the Taskbar and choose Settings...
    5. Under "Full Screen Mode" tick Exclude Taskbar. This allows you to use the taskbar even when its on screen (with touch) so you can close it again with the icon.
    6. Set Opacity to 50%, Auto Hide ON and disable toggle ON
    7. Set Layout of full screen to "with L/R and wheel area"
    8. Choose Cursor and until all 3 effects. Unfortunately they only work on one screen
    9. Set Pointer Speed Fullscreen to 50%. being so big this is not an issue!
    10. Choose Settings (Gear icon) and tick "Auto Restore Taskbar Icon. Feel free to choose one of the icon types to your liking
    11. Under "Mode" Choose "Full Screen" and "Keep Enable"
    12. Choose "Monitor 1 (Main)"
    13. Click OK

And there you have it! A fully functioning, multi-touch capable trackpad with left/right buttons and a scroll bar!
    With it using the entire screen, and totally transparent its so much better than the opaque one that came with it.

On Screen Zoom for Desktop

You can you can download the Desktop installer of Tablet Pro which also includes TouchZoomDesktop at http://www.lovesummertrue.com/touchzoomdesktop/en-us/
    Or you can find Tablet Pro app on Windows Store. You will need to sign up/login to the Windows with a Microsoft Account.

17. Re: Libretto W100 Windows 10 - Full functionality via 3rd party apps (instruction)
    Beginner
    Windows Customization

Right now you have a fully functional Libretto W100 that is completely usable and you could stop here. But why stop! Next up I will cover some optional changes and applications to install onto the W100 to increase Windows Usability and add more functionality back

Window Controls

These instructions will add two buttons to open windows (and metro apps) that allow you to move the window between screens, or span across both, like the Toshiba software.
    1. Download UltraMon and run it.
    2. You must register it! (yes it’s a bit pricey for a utility…)
    3. Install all Components (should be all selected by default) and click Next
    4. Right Click on the new Notification Icon and choose Options
    5. Under General choose "Proportional" Resize mode, and tick "Take taskbars into account..."
    6. Under Taskbar Extensions untick "Enable Secondary Taskbar" as its not required for the top screen
    7. Under Buttons And Menu Commands, tick all except "Don't add custom buttons to dialogs and message boxes"
    8. Set Custom Spacing to 100 Pixels
    9. Click OK to save these settings.

Screen Rotation

The Accelerometer does not work in Windows 10 (even with Libretto Software installed, Win10 cannot see the sensor). But screen rotation is still fully supported. This means that while it cannot auto rotate, it can be done via the Display Settings screen. This is very unwieldy and time-consuming to switch, so instead we will use a small application to automate the process
    1. Download Display v1.3+ from http://noeld.com/programs.asp
    2. Extract display.exe to c:\TOSHIBA\
    3. Open File Explorer and navigate to c:\TOSHIBA\
    4. Right click on diplay.exe and choose Send To -> Desktop (Create Shortcut)
    5. Edit the Shortcut with : "c:\Toshiba\display.exe" /device 1 /rotate 0 /device 2 /rotate 180
    6. Right click on diplay.exe and choose Send To -> Desktop (Create Shortcut)
    7. Edit the Shortcut with : "c:\Toshiba\display.exe" /device 1 /rotate 90 /device 2 /rotate 270
    8. Go back to your Desktop and find the two new shortcuts. Rename them to a more friendly "Laptop Mode" and "Book Mode"
    9. Right click each one at a time and choose Properties. Then click "Change Icon"
    10. Accept the message about there being no icons, and it will show a default selection. Scroll to the right and find appropriate icons and set them
    11. Or go browsing for others system icons in %systemroot%\system32\imageres.dll

18. Re: Libretto W100 Windows 10 - Full functionality via 3rd party apps (instruction)
    Beginner
    Assign to Home Button

Next up is to configure the Home Button so it does something! We will set one press to open the start menu, and double press to bring up the touchpad.
    4. Click Start, type "button" without quotes and open the Toshiba Button Support
    5. Choose "Home Button (Single Click)", select Browse and choose C:\TOSHIBA\Show Start Menu.vbs
    6. Click Register. This will close the application, and we still need it, so open it again
    7. Choose "Home Button (Double Click)", select Browse and choose C:\TOSHIBA\Show Touchpad.lnk
    8. Click Register
    9. You can optionally set the Double Click to open Microsoft Edge enter target : %windir%\explorer.exe and option: microsoft-edge:http://www.google.com/

Toshiba Flash Cards

This is a handy application that gives you quick access to Screen Brightness, Sleep mode, WIFI and Bluetooth. It should already be installed so will just pin it to the taskbar to make it usable
    1. Click Start, type "flash cards" without quotes
    2. Right click on Toshiba Flash Cards. Choose More -> Pin to Taskbar

Start Menu Customization

The final step is to make the Start Menu use the "tablet" mode (which is unfortunately not supported on the W100 because of its dual monitors).
    1. Click Start and type "settings" without quotes and choose the settings application
    2. Select "Personalization" and then choose Start from the left menu
    3. Turn on "Show more tiles" "use start fullscreen" and Show recently opened items in Jump lists"
    4. You will probably want to turn off "Occasionally Show suggestions" as this puts adds in your start menu

You should spend some time going through each window in settings and personalizing the stuff in there, it is all pretty straight forward!

And that is it! Your W100 should now be fully functional and running really stable and quick!

Metro, or Universal applications run extremely well on the W100 and work great with multiple screens.

And Hard Disk Cleaning
    Right click on your C drive and select Properties, select Clean Disk and then Clean System Files, select temp files and previous Windows installation which will release several 10’s of GB of disk space!