Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite A30 recovery stops after 15%

1. Satellite A30 recovery stops after 15%
    Beginner
    Hello
    I have satellite A30 notebook. When I tried to do a recovery with the Toshiba recovery CD, it started to format my hard disk I think. But when the progress bar arrives at 15% my computer shuts down. No mater how many times Iíve tried it I does the same thing. Now I am blocked and can even enter to windows.
    Can any one help?

Thanks!

2. Re: Satellite A30 recovery stops after 15%
    Master
    Hi Takis,

The most likely cause of this behaviour is a faulty hard drive. When the recovery process reaches the faulty area of the drive platters it will retry several times but will then shut down the notebook.

If you have access to any disk utilities (such as Norton Disk Doctor) you could try a surface scan of your hard drive to check for defective sectors.

regards,

3. Re: Satellite A30 recovery stops after 15%
    Master
    Hello

I have had a similar issue on my Toshiba notebook.
    I have formatted my HDD then created a new partition. This procedure has solved the problem. Well, try to do the same. Maybe it will help to solve your strange issue.

Regards

4. Re: Satellite A30 recovery stops after 15%
    Beginner
    I had exactly the same problem with my 1900 series.

Took it to PC World who said it was either (or both) a faulty MB or CPU and would cost well in excess of £500 to repair and they couldn't do it - so I bought a new machine, as I couldn't be without a computer. (It was only just 3 years old as well)