Hi, new to this forum.
I tried to find a direct contact to ask this, but could not locate any email options on the website, only phone numbers, which aren't an option right now as I have other obligations during business hours at the moment.

I'm a computer technician of 30 years and have today purchased a new Satellite Pro R50-C PS566A-004001 with an i7-5500U, 8GB of RAM and 1TB HDD Notebook for a customer of mine. He has requested an additional 8GB of RAM, which I purchased at the same time from my wholesaler. On opening the box I discovered there is no access to the memory slots or the Hard Drive. The Toshiba Website states in the specs that the RAM is expandable to 16GB, but it appears the back cover has to be fully removed to gain access. I would like to check if I remove the back cover will this void the warranty. The specifications on the Toshiba website do not state that it is not user accessible to change the RAM, where as from the research I did for the customer, other cheaper models do state this. I have sold Toshiba and other brands Notebooks in the past and have always ensured that the specifications for the laptop did not say the RAM was non user accessible, and as such that I would be able to upgrade the RAM as customers request.

As above, I just wish to check that upgrading the RAM on this laptop will not void the Toshiba warranty, since the specifications do state that the laptop is expandable to 16GB of RAM, and do not state that it is not user accessible/upgradeable.

Cheers, Peter